Back to tracking

Options
Hi everyone,
My name is Jackie. I recently had bariatric surgery. I hope to find support for weight loss here and some day be of help to others.
Can't wait to meet others on this journey.
J

Replies

• MezArcher
    MezArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have had surgery too, have not regretted it one bit lost 56 kg in 6 months, this was a combined effort of dieting and exercise, I have spoken to people that have not done the exercise and dieting and they have lost at least 30kg
    been some hard patches of course and have lost a lot of hair but love the thinner me
  • JackieTalamantes408
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply! I was hoping there would be some fellow sleevers here. I appreciate the advice of diet and exercise. I am 52 so my metabolism is kind of slow. I want to make the best of this. I am about 80 lbs from my goal weight at this point so I want to make the most of the first 6 months. I have felt too weak to do any major walking but I am hoping the addition of protein shakes will change that! Nice to meet you!
  • Mimi_Dawn
    Mimi_Dawn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Congrats on getting back on track to a better you. Losing weight is hard, don't let anyone fool you. But once you set a goal and make a plan, you've just completed the hardest step of it all. My motto is I'm not trying to look perfect, I just want to feel better, look great and know that I am healthy. Keep up the good work, keep a positive attitude and stay focused. YOU'VE GOT THIS.
  • rasheeka0
    rasheeka0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Sleeves ...I am getting back on track as well. This takes work and support. Hope to stay motivated and consistent with this app and community. How do you request friends on here?
  • MezArcher
    Options
    I was lucky to have a dietician support before and after the surgery. my doctor did make me have a session with a psychologist to make sure I was mentally stable for this. I did 2 weeks of strict low carb as this makes your liver smaller and they need the access behind the liver during the surgery and then 2 weeks of Opitfast shakes (chocolate & vanilla only) I had 3 shakes and 10 almonds a day......... so I lost 13Kg before I went in for the op.
  • JackieTalamantes408
    Options
    My program was similar. I started the process one year before I had surgery. I started protein shakes this afternoon (1/2 day early but I was feeling lightheaded and weak) and I am feeling good. I am looking forward to eating real food again as I did the Optifast pre op as well. I'm off work till April so I will have plenty of time to experiment and get used to my new lifestyle!
  • MezArcher
    Options
    i have put my diary on public so you can see what I eat ............... I only do walking but a lot of it!! and meat is my main diet as I can fit much else in
  • JackieTalamantes408
    Options
    Thank you. How do I get to your diary?
  • JackieTalamantes408
    Options
    Never mind, I figured it out. I love gummy bears, I will have to look for sugar free!! I love nuts too, I hope that in time I can tolerate them. I am on protein shakes now, and already bored. One more week I can eat pureed food.
  • MezArcher
    Options
    pureed food is fun and experiment. soft scrambled eggs!! , asparagus soup, boil chicken bone and mak your own chicken stock. with the chicken stock I found it to fatty @ first so I put it in the fridge to cool and the fat naturally went to the top and you can scrape it off. then you can reheat the jelly :)
  • JackieTalamantes408
    Options
    I can't wait to eat eggs!! I miss them. Today I am going to try to get more of the shakes in but they are so sweet.
  • MezArcher
    Options
    eggs are great for you have as many as you like in any way ....... beware but you may get sick of them