100 + lbs and a plan

Options
Hello my name is Daniel and I just started using myfitnesspal. I started working out last week and lost just a little over 4 pounds. I plan on sharing everything I do on here.

I don't know about you but it seems like every time i used to go to the gym I would get injured by lifting weights.

So this time around I am doing a lot of cardio ( and for me that's only 25 minutes ) target heart rate is around 140-150 and burning around 310-315 calories using the elliptical machines not the tread mil.

If you're like me and weigh over 300 lbs we need to be very careful with what we do on these machines. So I put a plan together this time that I believe I will achieve my goal.

Here's what I've been doing so far. Which i have never ever done this before.
1.) Get a pen and paper or notepad and write everything you do down.
2.) Do cardio every day. That is your number 1 priority.
3.) Do not do a high incline so you can burn more calories because what this does will eventually start hurting your lower back. Start off slow. Aim to burn 250-300 calories per 25 minutes.
4.) Lift weight to build endurance and in doing so you will build muscles. Do not lift heavy. I started lifting light weights 10-15 lbs 50 reps 2 sets. Trust me you will feel the burn and you will start losing weight. PLUS YOU WILL NOT INJURE YOURSELF

This is the key right to loose weight. So my down fall was every time something happened to me that caused me to not go to the gym I went back to my old ways. TRUST ME you will FEEL GREAT after one of these work outs.

#5.) GO THERE TO HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS. You are not there to be texting, being on the phone, talking with friends, you're there to reach your goal.

I hope this helps you out. It's been working for me. I've gained muscles and can feel the hardness of the muscles. I can't see anything yet because I'm still big but I know its working because I lost 4lbs.

Replies

• TashaaaKayeee
    TashaaaKayeee Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! (:
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The key to losing weight is to consume fewer calories than you burn. Exercise is nice and is a healthy addition but you don't have to exercise to lose weight.

I tend to get hurt when I exercise too enthusiastically. I'm focusing on my calorie intake.

Have you tried logging your food to see where you might make some small changes?

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • 1982danielroman
    1982danielroman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes I've been logging in my foods and this Friday I weigh myself again. I feel great everyday doing these small exercises.

I too am prone to getting hurt but this is why I stick to light weights. I hope we all lose the weight. It's awesome.
  • Exercisewoman
    Exercisewoman Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    HI it's really important to do the exercises correctly and also to find the right exercise that suits your body, what's right for one person may not be right for you. We are all built slightly different and all have weaknesses. Good luck with your weight loss. If you need support you can add me. Exercisewoman