Biggest Loser Finale

Options
OK. Did anyone watch this? How do they lose the weight so FAST. My weight loss feels slow even though it has been about the 2 lbs a week that is average... I really want to know their secret.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    They basically work out until they're sick and starve. There are numbers of articles out there about how the after-effects former contestants have dealt with since.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I think there's a Buzzfeed or Cracked article about a former contestant on TBL. They are put through hell.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    They devote their whole lives to creating a huge deficit for weeks on end without the interruption of work and family. A laboratory situation if you will which cannot be kept up forever and then lot of them will start to put it back on again when they leave the program. Just sensationalist and not what is generally medically approved. You're much better doing what you're doing!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    They devote their whole lives to creating a huge deficit for weeks on end without the interruption of work and family. A laboratory situation if you will which cannot be kept up forever and then lot of them will start to put it back on again when they leave the program. Just sensationalist and not what is generally medically approved. You're much better doing what you're doing!

Ditto to what @WaterBunnie said. Also sometimes the weight loss isn't over 1 week, but more like 1.5 or 2. Time doesn't progress on the ranch the way it does when they put it on TV (in previous seasons, contestants have slipped and mentioned that it's been two weeks since the last weigh-in, etc), and there are months between the time they leave the ranch and when they come to the finale, of course.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    They work out consistently from 4-6 hours a day. Eat very low calorie diets. Dehydrate themselves for shows.
    So if you're willing to and have time to, you too can lose like the BL.
    But believe it or not, 90% of them have gained back a significant amount of weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mkh858
    mkh858 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    eazy__ wrote: »

Wow, what an Eye opener. I used to watch that show just to get me up and moving. I knew this show was unhealthy.