Today is the day...

Options
Hello, I am a 26 yr old mother of two little boys. My oldest who is six told me last week the most distrubing comment i have ever heard him say...."mom the kids in my class talk about how fat you are and it makes me mad". What do you say? Do you tell him that your sorry or how about those kids are just mean. No. Im not doing this anymore. My first grader is coming home embarrased and ashamed of his mothers weight. Since when did this happen? I knew it would happen eventually, you cant hide a 300lb elephant in the closet for long, but even I didnt know what "fat" was at that age. I figured id have another couple of years to loose this weight before he'd get teased...you know we are all procrastinators. Well time has come for me to get off my lazy butt. TODAY IS THE DAY...God help me!

Replies

• BridgettePlemmons
    BridgettePlemmons Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a 26 yr old mother of two little boys. My oldest who is six told me last week the most distrubing comment i have ever heard him say...."mom the kids in my class talk about how fat you are and it makes me mad". What do you say? Do you tell him that your sorry or how about those kids are just mean. No. Im not doing this anymore. My first grader is coming home embarrased and ashamed of his mothers weight. Since when did this happen? I knew it would happen eventually, you cant hide a 300lb elephant in the closet for long, but even I didnt know what "fat" was at that age. I figured id have another couple of years to loose this weight before he'd get teased...you know we are all procrastinators. Well time has come for me to get off my lazy butt. TODAY IS THE DAY...God help me!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    You can do this and you came to the right place! Good luck and we are here to support you!
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this. Good luck!
  • wizabugga
    wizabugga Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You can do this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    No time like the present. Good luck to you!:drinker:
  • sumiemama
    Options
    alily4u, you can do this. We all have faith and confidence in you. Good luck and welcome to a new you.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You're right, today IS the day, it's your new beginning! :drinker:

Good luck! :flowerforyou: