Jillian Michaels DVDs

Options
I got the following Jillian Michaels DVDs 30 Day shred and six week six pack. I have not looked at the videos yet but can these be done at the same time? or do I have to do one first and than the other?

thnks

Replies

• tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've done both and I would definitely suggest doing the shred first. I'm doing 6W6P right now and I think it's harder than the shred. I don't know that I could do them both. The shred is a shorter workout (20 min) and 6W6P is longer (35).
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    Its not impossible to do both but 30 Day Shred on its own, is pretty hard workout for beginners. I would probably try it out separately first, then see if it works to do both. :)
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    yea i guarantee there butt kickers so i would do one at a time.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    it depends on how much you've worked out prior to now. It is entirely possible to do them together..... I used to do the shred just to supplement my other workouts.
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've done both and I would definitely suggest doing the shred first. I'm doing 6W6P right now and I think it's harder than the shred. I don't know that I could do them both. The shred is a shorter workout (20 min) and 6W6P is longer (35).
    I agree!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I did the shred, now I'm doing ripped in 30 and 6 week 6 pack. I do 6wk 6pk every other day - ripped in 30 every day, and on the days I don't do the 6wk 6pk, I run.
  • raomdc
    raomdc Posts: 3
    Options
    So... does the shred work and you are able to shred in 30 days? (assuming you're eating right etc.).
    How about ripped? Are you able to be ripped in 6 weeks?
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i mix the up. sometimes i do both in one day or or 1 one day and the other the next day.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Thanks for the information I started with 30DS first. quick question how heavy weights did you use when doing the 30ds?
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Its not impossible to do both but 30 Day Shred on its own, is pretty hard workout for beginners. I would probably try it out separately first, then see if it works to do both. :)

Thank you I started with 30DS
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    I did the shred, now I'm doing ripped in 30 and 6 week 6 pack. I do 6wk 6pk every other day - ripped in 30 every day, and on the days I don't do the 6wk 6pk, I run.

Did u loose a lot of weight doing the 30DS?
  • MeganJo
    MeganJo Posts: 69
    Options
    You can definitely do both at the same time, they can be tough workouts but you can also modify them to suit you. If you want to see a change in your body you really need to push yourself. Obviously don't push yourself too far, if you are in actual physical pain then stop but if it's strictly muscle fatigue you will be just fine. I'd say if you are just beginning working out to start out with 30DS for the first couple of days then add in 6W6P roughly every other day. I really don't think 30 DS is enough cardio on it's own, it's more of a basic strength video. Good luck!

To answer the weight question: I'd start out with 3-5 lb weights and once you get more comfortable you can add on more no problem.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Yes on the weights start with 3-5 lbs.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Started with 3 lb. weights, moved to 5 lb. I started the 6W6P with 5 lb. I had incredible results with the 30DS, lost something like 11 inches combined from waist and hips. Definitely was eating really well at the same time and drinking tons of water. I worked out a minimum of 5 days/week and often did an extra 15-30 minutes of cardio in addition.