Advice needed

Options
ok so MFP wants me to eat about 2500 cals a day and I just find that impossible. I had one of friends worried about me. I switched it to 1200 is this a safe idea. I did some research and they say that is a good number for weight lose?

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Your stats??
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That's a huge difference. Why immediately jump to the absolute lowest possible calories? That seems a bit extreme especially considering it doesn't even sound like you tried to eat a higher amount.
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It depends. What is you age, height, weight and activity level? How much do you want to lose per week?
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yes - 1200 to 1350. :) Keep carbs no higher than 100 grams/day.
  • bonneboo
    bonneboo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow 2500? I'm jealous
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    That seems awfully low! I'm allotted 1200 per day if I'm not exercising but I'm 29, 5'2", and I weigh 139.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? If MFP tells you to eat 2500 calories, that's what you should eat. The difference between that number and 1200 would make an addition 2.5 pound loss per week, which alone is too aggressive.
  • Aleeshawilliams22
    Aleeshawilliams22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm eating all day it seems and I still can't break the 1500 cal mark :/
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I seriously doubt that. What are you eating? Kale?

I could eat 2500 calories in one sitting, easy. There's nothing impossible about consuming that much in a day.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If you're eating 1,500 and feel well, physically and mentally, stay at it
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Look to put some calorie dense foods in your diet: olive oil, nuts, nut butter, avocado, eggs, full fat dairy. Small portion sizes, lots of nutrition.

Instead of a Lean Shake as your breakfast.....use that as a snack. Then eat a real meal at breakfast time instead.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Eat food for breakfast instead of a meal replacement shake.

Replace the Weight Watchers products with non-diet food.

Add some fats to your diet -- olive oil, nuts, nut butters, etc.

Add some starches to your meals -- I see one meal that is shrimp and dill pickles. Try a bit of pasta or rice or bread.

Make sure you are actually eating as little as you think. I see some generic entries and it looks like your fruits and vegetables are all measured in cups.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food to ensure your calorie counts are accurate? If not, you may be eating more than you think you are if you find it a struggle to reach 1500. Assuming you are trying to lose weight, we all gained weight by eating more calories than we were burning, so at some point, it's probably a safe assumption that you were eating more than 1500 calories on any given day.

Also, I believe 1200 is the absolute minimum calories that are recommended for women, and that number really depends on each woman. Depending on your stats, 1200 may not be nearly enough for you. Assuming the info you input into MFP is correct, then 1200 is likely much too low for you. MFP's recommended calories already includes a built in deficit based on your weight loss goal. You can eat all of your calories recommended by MFP and not exercise and still lose weight.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It depends. What is you age, height, weight and activity level? How much do you want to lose per week?

Any solid advice you'll get is based on your answers to these questions. :)