Well I guess I start here...

Options
Tanaya2016
Tanaya2016 Posts: 61 Member
edited February 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Tanaya and I guess this is where I should start. I'm 36 and I weigh 214 at 5'8". I have been diagnosed pre-diabetic and I also have physical limitations that keep me from exercising like a normal person (other than walking short distances). So I'm going to try keeping track of what I eat and try a new "diet" for lack of a better term. Has anyone tried intermittent fasting?? Let me know how it worked out for you. I'm open to any and all ideas for weight loss. Thank you for your time

Replies

• farbs
    farbs Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Feel free to add me. I'm 37 from Australia. I started at 101kg (222lbs) and am down to 95kg (209) after logging for 47 days in a row. I'm here for a long time I hope as i'm looking to get down to about 78kg (171).

I haven't done anything fancy to be honest. Just kept in mind that I need patience. I've had a few bad days along the way, but just made sure I got back to it afterwards. I haven't cut out anything I like to eat/drink, just modified the amount.

I haven't tried intermittent fasting - a few people at my work do it and love it - has really worked for them.

I'm really just committing to logging everything on MFP, and staying within my goal. So far it's working.

Good luck :)
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Don't get fancy as the person above suggested, step one for me was cutting out all drinks that weren't water. Took me a few weeks to get used to it but after no time it was just normal. Then start looking at your food, simply cutting portions, let it become normal one thing at a time. Crashing in both feet at once is a road to failure for most people because it's mentally taxing.
  • Tanaya2016
    Tanaya2016 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you farbs and alpha for your support. I have a long way to go and a lot to learn. Your support is appreciated ☺
  • Ranger_PR
    Ranger_PR Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have written in allot of posts today but this is my last before bed, for me my exercise quest has ben unique in a way that if I dont do it I could die because of genetic heart problems, I am 21 and live in Puerto Rico. Lat year in April I was 268 and now I am in 193 and my goal is 160 I wpuld love some motivating friends so add me if you want I might add you my self but have a good one and take care and good luck in your quest.