Protein Supplements...what's your favorite?

Options
I recently upped my protein intake in my food diary to 25%, since I've been incorporating weight training. Problem is, I have trouble meeting even that low goal, and I just discovered I have a blender, so I want to look into protein supplements.

Does anyone have any that you particularly like and would recommend? And how do you like to prepare them?

Replies

• crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition makes the best protein powder in my opinion. The double rich chocolate is fantastic and they have other flavors. There's 24 grams of protein in one serving plus 5.5g of BCAAs, I have a two serving shake in the morning, a single serving before I work out, and a two serving after my workout. You can mix it milk or water. It's smoother when you blend it or use a shaker cup. I hope this helps. You're doing an awesome job so far! :glasses:
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Whey protein doesn't sit well with me so I go with pea protein ... I currently have bananas and cream with stevia ... YUM!!!! Try www.trueprotein.com ... they have a TON of options
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    I like "Living Harvest" organic hemp protein powder. I mix this with hemp milk, regular or vanilla. I will also throw in some berries and freshly ground flax seeds too.
  • Mandy♥
    Mandy♥ Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi I use Gold standard 100 whey protein shake chocolate with unsweetened almond milk and a tbls of smuckers organic peanut butter and flax seed . and just put it all in a cup and stir its great. and at night i drink complete casein chocolate shake. with water or with the almond milk. Its not great like the whey but its good.
    Amanda
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk Light Vanilla Creme mixed with skim milk :)
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    cytosport Muscle Milk Strawberries and Cream :)
    mix with silk unsweetened almond milk - only 35 calories a cup.
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Whey protein doesn't sit well with me so I go with pea protein ... I currently have bananas and cream with stevia ... YUM!!!! Try www.trueprotein.com ... they have a TON of options

The whey protein MESSED up my stomach something fierce. So, I am like you with that one.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your suggestions! I think I'll try the whey first, just since it seems to be most abundant and I can get Optimum Nutrition from my local GNC...we'll see if it does a number on my stomach. Thanks again!