Trying to end the cycle of bad eating habits

Options
Well lets see... I joined this site with my sister, were on a weight loss mission together. I started at 200lbs, nearly cried when the scale read 200 while im not pregnant. lol I have a almost 5 year old son who is my biggest inspiration. I picked up terrible eating habbits at a young age, and it seems theyve gotten worse asi get older. I've eaten when I'm sad, or stressed, to the point where I felt sick. Its been 10 days since Ive started my diet and I havent Cheated once. Its a huge step because I dont even have the desire to do those things anymore, and i realize how self-distructive they actually are. I'm an active person, I love sports, and hiking, but it doesnt appear that i would from looking at me. I want to look like the person i really am, and i dont want to hide behind food anymore! :smile:

Replies

• katyncal
    katyncal Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bugs, I am the exact same way... it feels good to be honest with youurself dosent it?? Im so proud of u
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!

Is it easy? No. Will there be ups and downs? Yes.

But, never give up.

Good Luck!
  • Hip_Dancer
    Hip_Dancer Posts: 14
    Options
    10 days without cheating?! You rock girl! Keep up the good work and be kind to yourself when you do make a mistake.
  • copelandlin
    Options
    h:smile: i sarahmarie; so glad to here you've made a decision to break bad eating habits. I've been part of my fitness pal x 3mos. I've lost 10.8 lb its slow but I figured it didn't matter how long it takes to get the weight off as long as I keep focused and try to understand why I was eating the way I did
    it's really freeing to know that I can eat everything and not feel guilty----its a matter of how often/how it's prepared and recognizing what is actually in what I'm eating;and the biggest thing is exercise
    I really dislike exercise but I found out that exercise is accummulative --- in other words cooking /cleaning/gardening/climbing the stairs in your house/or walking for 10 min. after each meal---it all adds up to male up 150 min./week. my stamina is increasing /I'm sleeping better and my aches & pains are lessening. So I'm rooting for you :smile:
  • sarahmarie1987
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the good thoughts and wishes. I'm gonna stick with it. Its improtant for me to do this, then i can have a lifetime of happiness, with a healthy lifestyle! :) thanks again everyone!