Got 242 calories left

Options
so I just started tracking my calories for the last 4 or 5 days or so. I've read here where you are supposed to use all of your calories for the day. I've got 242 left and it's almost bed time. Should I go and drink a Yoo Hoo? How important is it to consume all of your calories every day?

Replies

• herdqt21
    herdqt21 Posts: 12
    Options
    I always have calories left over...I say if your not hungry don't do it :)
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    If you are not hungry / thirsty I would not worry about consuming the last ~200 calories. Some days you will be under - some days you'll be over.
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    just go to bed...don't drink that sugar.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I would keep some healthy snacks in the house for just such an occasion, Some yogurt or fruit, if you stomach can handle it before bed.
  • Kdoran73
    Kdoran73 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you're hungy eat protein before bed. Remember, it doesn't turn to fat. If you're not hungry don't worry about it.
  • Spreadborough
    Options
    I prefer to have about 200 left at the end of the day, just as a buffer in case my estimates on burn are high, or also to cover the occasional condiments, etc. that might not get logged.
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    have a glass of water and go to bed :) if your not hungry... dont eat!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I would save them in case you wake up ravenously hungry. If not, it's not going to be a big deal.
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you're hungy eat protein before bed. Remember, it doesn't turn to fat. If you're not hungry don't worry about it.

Sorry, but any food you eat too much of will turn to fat. it's how your body stores extra calories. eat 2000 cals of protein, and your body needs only 1500 cals that day? yep, 500 cals worth of fat stored from that protein. Any colories you eat over what your body needs for either maintenance or weight loss will be stored as fat. In the end it all comes down to calories. protein is important to eat at every meal, but never more than you need.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I also leave some calories left over just in case my numbers are not exact or the exercise is not calculating the numbers right. I say if your not hungry then dont worry about it
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Protein drink with water would b good idea
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    I always have calories left. If you are not hungry, then don't eat
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If I ate all my reg calories and my work out calories I'd do nothing but eat all the time! I allways have calories left over. If I'm not hungry I dont eat. Plain and simple.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I always try to be within 50 calories of my goal. I think it helps us to be more in control of our food choices if we learn to be accurate in our daily intake.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

This is not true. Excess calories will become fat, no matter what they are. The body has no other way to process excess intake.