1 19oz can black beans drained
3 lg eggs
3 tsp veg/canola oil
1/4 c coca powder
2/3c white sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1tsp vanilla
1tsp instant espresso (I use tasters choice coffee)
1/4c bittersweet chocolate (I switch it up to various types of chocolate or have used smarties for this kids)
Put all ingredients excluding the chocolate chips in blender and blend till smooth.
Pour into a greased 8" pan and sprinkle of chocolate chips
Bake for 30-3 min or till tooth pick comes out clean

Replies

• ports952
    ports952 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great for gluten free eaters!!! I was sceptical re: black beans but you don't taste them at all
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    And they aren't gross? Lol sorry
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I tried this awhile back and I don't know if I did something wrong or what but mine came out like bricks. Thick, hard, nasty bricks. My husband and I both agreed that making a pan of real brownies and freezing them in individual snack-sized ziplocks so we could only eat one at a time made better sense.
  • aslanchastek
    aslanchastek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to try this but the beans make me skeptical.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Worth a try! Thanks. :)
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    have you seen @katieannebrownies on instagram? she has a recipe too...
  • progression969
    progression969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used ur recipes ports, it was absolutely to die for especially considering i have a weakness for sugar. ..delicious, thanks u ports!!
  • CreoleRose
    CreoleRose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ports952, your recipe may be better than the one I tried. We gave something similar a try a couple of years ago, and it's one of the few recipes we've ever tossed in the trash can.
  • manuntag_kim
    manuntag_kim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    this recipe tastes great! I made 2 batches already.
    Watch "THE BEST BROWNIES | Vegan & Gluten Free" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/Grvg3ST8nhA
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »

So does Dr. Fuhrmann only he uses dates instead of sugar. Actually, the beans make them are moist and fudgy but without the sweetner (he doesn't believe in artificial sweetners either) they are bitter. I substituted Splenda for the dates and they were excellent.
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »

So does Dr. Fuhrmann only he uses dates instead of sugar. Actually, the beans make them are moist and fudgy but without the sweetner (he doesn't believe in artificial sweetners either) they are bitter. I substituted Splenda for the dates and they were excellent.

Could also go with honey or stevia.

For the main post tho. Haven't tried the brownies but I know the black bean chocolate cakes are very good. You really would have no idea it had black beans if you weren't told. In case you're on the fence about black bean desserts.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Just sabotaged a perfectly good brownie. Dont understand these kind of recipes. If it aint broke, dont fix it
  • J_Kidd85
    J_Kidd85 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've made black bean brownies and I thought they were good! However my mom health conscientious family members did not!