What are your short-term weight loss rewards?

Options
So, I like the idea of setting up smaller rewards as motivators along the journey. If nothing other than planning for the future losses is a motivation in itself.

What mini rewards do you have to look forward to? Which ones have you reached already?

Replies

• KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Ahhh yes, the mini goals. SO important !

I got a one hour massage after one month of tracking MFP
    (and keep on sticking to that treat monthly !! )

Also, 15 pounds : New boots :)
  • allyheidi
    allyheidi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy myself a really nice eyeshadow palette one I get into the 160s. Just 5 pounds to go!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,025 Member
    Options
    I do set mini goals, but I never even thought about giving myself rewards. For me the excitement of losing the weight is usually enough. I guess though that buying new clothes is a reward. If I were going to do something I would get a pedicure or a massage.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I let myself download new music for any weight loss, I bought new gym shoes at 50 pounds, a new grill at 100 pounds...then I stopped rewarding myself. I had to buy a lot of clothes along the way I think I need to bring it back.
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    There's a manicure in my future once I hit onederland.

This morning, I was 201 and I'm off on Friday, so I'm trying to really commit this week so I can cash in on my reward lol
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hit the buffet once it opens and not leave until it closes.
  • rchl1223
    rchl1223 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've only been at it a week but already notice my clothes fitting different. It's more motivating than I thought it would be. I am going to buy a couple cute sports bras today! I'm not weighing myself for 4 weeks bc I don't want to stress about every pound? Just want to see progress. Coincidentally I'm getting a new tattoo at that time (not planned that way!) so I'll consider that a reward.
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For the first 10 pound mark, I bought myself a really cute dress I'd been eyeing for a while. At this next milestone, I'll likely be fitting back into some of my older clothes, so rather than buying clothes again I'm promising myself a "Literary Listography" journal - basically a journal where you make lists about books, fictional characters, authors, etc. It's as nerdy as it sounds, but I'm excited.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I found a lovely little silver bracelet on Etsy that I am thinking about. I'm going to have "I can do this" engraved on it. I'm trying to figure out what marker will determine when I get to order it.

I'm mostly going to be excited to fit into some old clothes I've hung on to "for when I lose weight" :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Well I get to have a whole new wardrobe about every 2 months. I'm calling that a win!
  • TaraFIT03
    TaraFIT03 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    New clothes! I really want to get a dress and a nice pair of shoes :)
  • scubasunny22
    scubasunny22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got a bike and for every mile I ride it, I get $1 in my bank to buy an accessory. Really wanted a bell on it, so I rode 8.35 miles to earn the $8.35. These are some easy early wins to get me going and I'll have to make them harder as I go. I only started 3 days ago!
  • Mibellina
    Mibellina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im rewaeding myself every 20...this one which in 3 away from meeting is new wireless head phones ;)
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just made a list. I have a lot of weight to lose, but every 10 pounds I am giving myself 2 new mp3s for my player (Boosts my exercising) and $5.00 for a new wardrobe when I hit my goal weight. Each major weight goal gets 10-20 dollars put aside. I also added a treadmill, weights, and a new pair of jeans on the list. Jeans are the one thing I miss wearing, so I am using it as a big motivator. I already found a pair that I can fit into. They are tight, but I am working on it.
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I got a bike and for every mile I ride it, I get $1 in my bank to buy an accessory. Really wanted a bell on it, so I rode 8.35 miles to earn the $8.35. These are some easy early wins to get me going and I'll have to make them harder as I go. I only started 3 days ago!

This is a great idea. I bike as my main exercise choice. Absolutely love it. I might do this to purchase my treadmill!
  • pepperfrostx
    pepperfrostx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought a dress when I hit 150 sooooo that was nice. :) I'm going to do something really nice with the boo at 140, which has made me a thousand times more determined to get there.
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I only have 10 lbs to go. I've started a "new clothes fund."
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Brazilian Steakhouse. I know. Kind of defeats the purpose.

But it's WAAAAY motivational for me.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    In 15 pounds I get my hair done (cut & color) with my pre-teen daughter. This runs me somewhere in the neighborhood of $300, so it is a treat.

In 35 pounds (goal weight) I book in for my next tattoo.
  • lucyee
    lucyee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I tie my treats into workouts - if I hit six weeks of going to the gym at least 4x I get a £100 treat - hit it last week, but haven't decided what to get. It was going to be jeans, but I'm 10-15lbs from goal, so I want to wait until I'm there to buy ones that fit properly. Maybe I'll get a massage in the meantime.