Healthy eating in college

Options
How can I eat better while dealing with my crazy schedule? I'm trying to lose 35 pounds, I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is 135 lbs! Any tips for plans on eating better would be SO appreciated!!

Replies

• mmarie_3
    mmarie_3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Prep prep prep! Prep all your food on Sunday, put it in individual containers, so you can grab and go. The easiest way to slip up is to be on the go with no access to healthy meals, so you get something not so great instead. Plan your day out meal wuss before hand that way you're never caught off guard. Good luck ☺️
  • pearlphilip
    pearlphilip Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student too. Completely agree with mmarie_3! I cook a lot on weekends, all lunch and dinner options. I make more than I need for about 5 days. I allow myself one day a week to eat dinner out with friends, whatever I want! I think that's a good sanity check. Breakfasts are usually something rich in protein and carbs and low in unhealthy fats and sugars (stop eating cereal) to fuel me up and I pack an honey-sweetened skim milk avocado milkshake everyday to class to sip when I get hunger pangs. When cooking, try to make equal amounts of veggies, carbs (brown rice instead of processed carbs like bread) and lean meats as far as possible. Baking is way easier on my time than stove-top. You can even pop in a few things into the oven at once. Planning may sound tedious and time-consuming. But a couple of hours spent cooking on weekends saves you money, time and tons of unhealthy choices! All the best.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Those of us who are not in college have busy schedules.