Fitbit vs I phone

Options
Can someone tell me if the fit bit is more accurate measuring daily exercise them the iPhone.? I currently carry my iPhone on my body to measure my steps throughout the day. Is this just as accurate as if I were to get a fit bit?

Replies

• Lostmomof3
    Lostmomof3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't have a iPhone, just started using my fitbit 2 weeks ago and loving it. Accurate for steps and stuff, but as far as stairs counts not so much! When on the stepper machine at the gym, my fit bit doesn't count it! Sucks
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit, but I do carry my phone at times to see what I've walked. I think the big difference would be that fitbit is always on you, so it counts EVERY step. The iphone is only with you when you are carrying it around.
  • Owlfan88
    Owlfan88 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I used my iPhone for quite a while to measure my steps. It generally worked fine, but it would annoy me when I wasn't carrying it because of charging or not having pockets or simply having put it down. I got a Fitbit charge HR for Christmas. I like it better - I think it tracks my steps and my efforts better. It doesn't give me as much extra calories as the phone did, but (maybe because of this) I trust the numbers more. I don't find that I get many if any extra steps from arm movements.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    If all you want is step tracking, iPhone is fine. "You giggled me around 5000 times today"

Fitness trackers (newer ones) include more than that, and are meant to give you more data on your movement,hr, sleep patterns, etc... So really it's about what kind of feedback you are looking for.

I want a fitness tracker so badly... But I am capital B, Broke! Lol.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i have both an iPhone and fitbit. I use that striv app on the phone cause i like buying things with my energy that earn from my steps lol. neither is 100% accurate but they are both inaccurate equally as far as steps are concerned. the fitbit might be a midge more precise. /shrug. and like others said, you wear it all day whereas the phone goes with me on runs/walks but typically it doesn't go from my desk to the bathroom. lol