Zumba for the Wii Fit

Options
Has anyone tried Zumba for the Wii Fit? My Zumba classes are over for the summer and I would love to keep doing it at home (eventhough I hate exercising by myself) but I was wondering if it's any good. Any other suggestions for zumba dvd's or Zumba exercising are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• armywife121110
    Options
    Ive never been to a "real" Zumba class but I've used my Zumba on my Wii and I love it!! There arent real songs to it but there's a beat and its fun!!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'll be no help in answering this but now I'm curious of what zumba is?? :D
  • litljoy2001
    Options
    I bought zumba for the wii and I like, classes are way better but I travel alot so I take it with me and it is still a great workout....you really have to push yourself to do it though cause its hard to be motivated without the class at least for me...the steps are pretty easy to learn and if you have a big enough space you can get friends to join with you!!!
  • TXMayFlower
    Options
    I don't have the DVDs or the one for the Wii, but I did some research on both and read that the DVDs are better because you can work at your own level and they break down the steps and stuff. The Wii game is just an outline of a person and you have to follow it and the wii sense your movements. the DVDs seem to give you a better workout. I looked into getting the whole set which comes with 6 or 7 different DVDs and the weights. Seems like a better deal and looks like it's a lot more fun. I LOVE doing Zumba!! Check out the website www.zumbafitness.com. That's the website for the DVDs.

On another note, I noticed you said your classes ended for the summer. I'm like you, I hate working out alone. I signed up at my local YMCA and they have a class at least once a day all week except Sunday. Even if you don't get a membership, some Y's let you attend the class for like $3 a class. Not sure if you have a Y near where you live.

Hope this helps!
  • Laurabetha
    Laurabetha Posts: 15
    Options
    I have the first set of DVDs and use them a couple of times of week, in addition to the classes that I take. I like them, especially the "live" one because it is really like a class....a very BIG class!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I've never attended a zumba class but Ive done the zumba dvds (borrowed from my sis) and I own zumba wii and I like the wii better. You can get a pretty good workout with the wii.
  • scamp45879
    scamp45879 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have both sets of zumba DVD's and love them.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love the wii game I use it almost daily and have it preset workouts for me.. Its fun
  • javajunkie310
    Options
    Basically, Zumba is dancing, using some aerobics and lots of cardio, to Latin American music. It alternates slow and fast songs so that you're constantly bringing your heart rate up and down.
  • javajunkie310
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input! :happy: