Not losing!

Options
Can anyone give me advice, I'm not losing weight. I eat about 1300 to 1500 calories a day and do treadmill anywhere from 45 to 75 minutes a day and no results this is my fourth week!

Replies

• Trump2016
    Trump2016 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you haven't seen a change in 4 weeks, you're underestimating how much you eat and/or overestimating how much you're burning.

Eat less and/or move more.

If you're doing 45-75 minutes literally every day on the treadmill, it means you probably aren't doing it with any real intensity from the days before. I see tons of people just walking on them for an hour - something that light, for example, doesn't do much for producing caloric expenditure.
  • efwww
    efwww Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It might be because you are either not eating between 1300 to 1500 calories or you just gotta be more patient. However if you haven't lost really anything in 4 week, then you might need to check more what you're eating
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Open your diary and people will be able to give you more advice.
  • ljocker
    ljocker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Also drink lots of water.
  • debhagerty3
    debhagerty3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you feel like you are losing inches at all? I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I can feel a difference in the way my clothes fit. Maybe try doing the treadmill on more of an incline. If you are already a semi-active person, you may need to work harder on the treadmill. Or maybe it is that you are gaining muscle if you were not an active person to begin with. I know it's difficult, but I'm trying real hard not to focus on the scale so much because it can be discouraging. I just know that if I keep this up and keep working at it, the healthier I will be. Try to be patient. It will come. Good luck!
  • Trump2016
    Trump2016 Posts: 80 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Or maybe it is that you are gaining muscle if you were not an active person to begin with.

Light to moderate sessions on a treadmill daily for 1 month isn't going to build the kind of muscle that would account for the phenomenon you're drawing on as a possibility.

Not even close. It's not even anaerobic (like hill sprints), never mind strength based training. It sounds barely even aerobic.

---
    Eat less and move more. Could be the calculator you're using is overestimating your TDEE, by the way.

Safe way is to calculate your BMR and underestimate how much you're burning through exercise and add that on to form your TDEE rather than letting it do the arbitrary multiplication.
  • hcaep1
    hcaep1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is also very important to pay attention to your in take. Are you hitting your caloric and protein recommendation vs. sugar?
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing you aren't eating at a deficit. Are you using a food scale to weigh all your food? If not, unfortunately chances are you are eating more calories than you think you are. This chart gets posted a lot on these forums, it's helpful.

4d28begtu706.jpg