Help! Gaining weight :(

Options
I've been doing intense bootcamp 5 times a week since beginning of November. First I wasn't losing anything, but now I've gained 5 pounds. I was at 152, but now I'm at 157. I eat 1550 calories a day and try to monitor my macros. I'm 5 foot 5 inches, so my healthy weight range is 130-150. My long term goal is 135, but I just can't seem to make the scale move in the right direction. Any suggestions?

Replies

• katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed with the boot camp dedication! First: Are you logging every thing you eat, and are you logging with precision? A food scale was a huge eye opener for me. Second: Are you eating back your exercise calories? I would wager a guess that your food logging could be tightened up or you are overestimating your caloric burns. If both things are occurring, your calorie count could be significantly inaccurate each day. For example, maybe you really ate 1635 calories yesterday and not the estimated 1550, and maybe you burned 198 calories working out versus the 300 you estimated. Keep at it, and good luck!