Hi!!! Any oldies out there???

Options
2»

Replies

• dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I agree age is just a number, I feel way better and am more active than I was in my late 20's
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    dbkyser wrote: »
    I agree age is just a number, I feel way better and am more active than I was in my late 20's

Ditto
  • deaddolly
    deaddolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    OK, so how come it's only guys saying age is just a number? lol Yeah, yeah. Mentally, I'm still in my 20's (tho some would argue still in the diaper stage), physical it's another story. Had one knee replaced, need the other done. And have herniated discs and a partially torn Achilles Tendon. Really puts a damper on exercising. I really miss walking my dogs. Just had a nasty car accident last week (rear ended), so have some damage from that.

I need a body transplant!!!! Considering a GO FUND ME....who's down? lol

Thank you all for your replies. Nice to know they are others, like me (I didn't say old), out there. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Stay strong, everyone!
    Jan
  • deaddolly
    deaddolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    @ sharoncrosland It's still cold here...sorry can't help with warm recipes. Watermelon is my favorite cool down treat. And I've been using the Smart Pasta...you could whip up a pasta salad with cucumbers, grapes, etc. Using Greek yogurt. Now, Greek yogurt makes me gag, but if you mix it with a light mayo....or some vinaigrette...
    Good luck!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 66, add me, I would also like more friends. :-)
  • cstivend
    cstivend Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Cloud. i am cynthia and i have been doing this for 90 days and i have lost 10lbs. i tend to eat more sweets or i want to eat late at night. any suggestions for replacing the sweets
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Seems thats all I do is rplace sweets. I make my own quick whole wheat bread and have it with oranges or any fruit. I like greek yogurt with a bit if cocoa in it. Otherwise I go outside for a nice walk. How bout you?
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I am 42 (almost 43)....Have lost 51 pounds so far (since May 23, 2016) , still looking to lose about 82 to go to get to my ultimate goal. Feel free to add me.
  • dnreeves
    dnreeves Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 64 - been working out with a trainer for almost 3 years. I have been tracking my percent body fat as well as weight and it has become clear to me that focusing too much on weight - especially if you are doing strength training can be deceptive. I believe that it's much better to measure waist, hip, thigh circumference etc and how your clothes fit than your day to day weight changes. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat for any given volume. So it is possible to become smaller yet weigh more or the same. The more lean muscle you can build the more your metabolic engine grows (your basal metabolic rate) increases and you burn more fat 24X7. Doing cardio alone really does not do much for your lean mass. I really recommend the small paper back book:

Younger Next Year: The Exercise Program: Use the Power of Exercise to Reverse Aging and Stay Strong, Fit, and Sexy Paperback – December 15, 2015
    by Chris Crowley (Author), Henry S. Lodge M.D. (Author), Bill Fabrocini P.T. C.S.C.S. (Contributor)
  • doitnow0216
    doitnow0216 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and looking to lose 100+ pounds. Just started a couple of days ago so haven't lost anything yet. Congrats to you and your daughter. Anyone can add me.