I refuse to give up. I refuse to give in.

Options
Today has been rough. A huge crash on my diet after giving into cigarettes after not having one for three days and beginning to feel the benefits of the nicotine leaving my system. After giving into the cigarettes, I resorted to food and then anger set in. This is a point where I've come to a crossroads. An option to just quit and succumb to my demons or to rise up and fight again tomorrow.

I choose to fight. I refuse to give up. I refuse to give in.

So be it then...

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Refuse, refuse, refuse, refuse, refuse, Refuse, refuse, refuse, refuse, refuse,Refuse, refuse, refuse, refuse, refuseRefuse, refuse, refuse, refuse, refuse,Refuse, refuse, refuse, refuse, refuse,,Refuse, refuse, refuse, refuse, refuse,
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Embrace the new you and your new starts :)
    279270 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It's tough hey !! But keep in there we all bar a few have the same problem !! But it's if YOU WANT to do it that counts
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    trying to lose weight and quitting smoking at the same time is not something even my dragon slaying attitude wouldn't attempt simultaneously. I quit smoking 3 years ago and about a year and a half ago started changing my eating and exercise routine.

Sometimes picking your battles is the best way to beat them all.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Good for you
    Quitting is hard but it sounds like you will have the will power.
    You will have times when you do give in but recognising the fault and moving on is the best thing

There is no option to just give up
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Success isn't about perfection. It's facing challenges and hitting roadblocks and refusing to give in. You can do this!
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Your post reminded me of one of my favorite songs about self-acceptance, I'm Good by The Mowgli's. Listen for the lyric, "No, I won't give up. I won't give in." I'm not sure of your taste in music, but this song should have pretty broad appeal and I just love its message.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kx8hmQX8Q30
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    One day will not destroy your efforts. A week, maybe... but not a day. Fresh start today.
  • ledzeppelinfan1
    ledzeppelinfan1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    Your post reminded me of one of my favorite songs about self-acceptance, I'm Good by The Mowgli's. Listen for the lyric, "No, I won't give up. I won't give in." I'm not sure of your taste in music, but this song should have pretty broad appeal and I just love its message.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kx8hmQX8Q30

Cool song. Thanks. :-)

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    For support while you quit smoking, check out whyquit.com It helped me so much when I quit 10 years ago.
    You can do it!
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    #test later
  • Kelceybyers
    Kelceybyers Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Today has been rough. A huge crash on my diet after giving into cigarettes after not having one for three days and beginning to feel the benefits of the nicotine leaving my system. After giving into the cigarettes, I resorted to food and then anger set in. This is a point where I've come to a crossroads. An option to just quit and succumb to my demons or to rise up and fight again tomorrow.

I choose to fight. I refuse to give up. I refuse to give in.

So be it then...

You can do this!!! You just like the rest of us will have other bad days but with your attitude you will rise above them!!! If you want to add me as a friend you are more than welcome to.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    It took me years to quit smoking. I had many false starts and recurring failures. I did finally succeed and haven't smoked for 24 years.

Losing weight and quitting smoking are both difficult endeavors. I suggest you pick one for now and when successful start on the other.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Bro you got this....for real!
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I believe it was Mark Twain who said that quitting smoking was easy - he had done it hundreds of times.

Getting beaten down is hard, but rising up is the charm! Good luck!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Hit the restart button. We all slip.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Quitting at the same time as losing weight and changing other lifestyle habits is ROUGH. I tried to do both at the same time last year and failed miserably - I gave into the cigarettes first. At that point, I decided I had to pick one and add the other later. So, since I'd already failed at quitting smoking, I stuck with my other lifestyle changes and losing weight.

Now that I've dropped a chunk of weight, and I've developed healthier habits that have stuck around for months, I'm working on quitting smoking again. It's been easier to cut back this time around, as it feels less overwhelming and I'm not doing too many things at once. I've cut back from 1/2 pack a day to 2-3/day in the last few weeks, along with some intermittent vaping (BF got me a vape a few weeks ago, I don't love it but it has helped me cut back on the cigarettes). It's still not easy, but I can say it is easier than it was last year.
  • darrengaylor9
    darrengaylor9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've quit smoking several times. Last time was 20 years ago this April. Cold turkey worked for me, but I counted victory in hours at the time. First week was the worst. I still sometimes dream about smoking.

As others have suggested, choose one to focus on first. (I vote tobacco.)
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I've never have had to struggle with quitting smoking, but I can relate to your anger and wanting to give up when you see "failure"

I have come to realize it's just a lifelong battle and I will have ups and downs, but it's the getting back up and trying again (repeatedly, endlessly) every new day and try to do better.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Never give up! You'll feel so much better smoke-free! Do 1 at a time...I'm with the others, kick the habit first and then work on the rest. You can do it!