Something Yummy to do With Greens

Options
MrsJ
MrsJ Posts: 27
I have to eat alot of greens. (kale,spinach,broccoli, all the dark kind etc)
I am in need of some yummy ways to cook these. Rather than in a pot of water plain!! Anyone have any ideas...PLEASE!!!! I cannot really add cheese or too much salt to my food either so that eliminates those two yummy flavors.

Replies

• MrsJ
    Options
    I have to eat alot of greens. (kale,spinach,broccoli, all the dark kind etc)
    I am in need of some yummy ways to cook these. Rather than in a pot of water plain!! Anyone have any ideas...PLEASE!!!! I cannot really add cheese or too much salt to my food either so that eliminates those two yummy flavors.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    get a wok, sir fry with some lite pam olive oil spray, lots o diced garlic, some chopped onions and maybe some sliced almonds (or just peanuts works great too). Add a bit of water (maybe 8th of a cup or less) and make sure the wok is HOT before you throw everything in. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper or maybe a touch of lite soy sauce right at the end.
  • csantos1182
    Options
    make kale soup! that what us portuguese do with our kale:laugh: it is wicked yummy:wink:
  • Lyndo
    Lyndo Posts: 95
    Options
    I fry my spinach with one spray of the canola cooking oil.
    & It taste great...
    Asparagus I bake them, they will skrink, & not look so yummy, but they are great....
    Broccoli I boil them until they are still a little crunchy still, then bake them with the asparagus. Add a little butter for taste... but if your not aloud, then don't add....
    I love love love to boil some celery, until all soft, then fresh raw spinach in a bowl, then add a tomato, with the cooked celery, & all that juice from the tomatoes, & celery make it all taste great together...
    I love spinach I can eat that everyday 10 times a day, Yopu'd think i was thin.....but uh uh!!! lol

why are you not aloud Salt:?"
  • MrsJ
    Options
    Cool I just got a Wok the other day!!! That sounds yum. Love me some stir-fry. It is like my mind doesn't work when it comes to "cooking healthy!" Do you have a recipe or ingredients for Kale soup??? Thanks
  • MrsJ
    Options
    [

why are you not aloud Salt:?"
    [/quote]

I am doing this with my mother in law...she has been on the Michael Thurmand diet before which is what we are basing our diet off of now. Anyhow she says we cannot have too much salt due to bloating or some crap. (=
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Loving the stir fry - sounds great ! And can we please get that wicked good Kale soup recipe!!
    I'd love to give it a try.

Thanks
  • MrsJ
    Options
    Loving the stir fry - sounds great ! And can we please get that wicked good Kale soup recipe!!
    I'd love to give it a try.

Thanks

HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue: