The Fat Apron - A Secret Society

Options
I posted a new thread on my blog about the Secret Society of the Apron. It is gross. Want to know what that is all about? Check it out:

http://www.businessoflosingweight.com/losingweight/secret-of-the-apron/

Who else is dealing with this issue?

Replies

• emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    I think there will be a fair few ladies who have had children (me included!) who belong at least to the 'junior' section of this society! Maybe not a whole apron, but, well... I won't draw you a picture!

I wish I had some ideas about how to diminish this feature :embarassed:
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yup! I have what they call an apron! I actually call it my nasty baby belly flab lol. I went from 135-222 lbs with my first pregnancy and well,yea, I had a lot of extra skin that's been hanging there ever since. 3 more kids didn't help either. My stomach will never be flat but I'd love if it didn't stick out further than my boobs,I'm only about 10-15 lbs away from that :D.
  • stinabear13
    Options
    yes i have the apron too, and it sags and folds over more on one side because my 1st child was a c-section, i used to wear pants lower before but now i wear them right across my belly button, and when i sit i pull the pants even higher to contain and smash it down. i know my "ideal weight " is 115-125 but i guess my body structure is set weird because at that weight im a bag of bones, litterally sunken in looking very sickly to where if someone saw me they would be very concerned and might try to help me. i have big hips so even at 190lbs right now my hip bones are just under half and in from my skin. my big final goal is 140-135 lbs. there is where i look normal average woman and look like i was the medical standards for my weight, i look thinner than i really am. i think its my stomach that im most ashamed of on my body its covered in very wide deep stretch marks extreamly close together its a rippled mess despite cocoa butter thru preganncy id wake up belly bleeding from new stretch marks. i have 2 beautiful girls, and a very saggy lumpy belly and they are starting school soon. i still have lots of weight to lose, but skin removal i dont see as an option for me, lack of funds and id also maybe want to have 1-2 more kids. i know im going to be stuck with my tummy after i lose the weight. my recent ex husband left me saying i was too fat to love. but according to the attention from so many men, my ex is obviously a shallow prick who is wrong. heck right now im falling for a guy that is 270lbs. and he accepts and thinks every inch of me is beautiful. apron and all.
  • Jeepinmom4
    Options
    yes i have the apron too, and it sags and folds over more on one side because my 1st child was a c-section, i used to wear pants lower before but now i wear them right across my belly button, and when i sit i pull the pants even higher to contain and smash it down. i know my "ideal weight " is 115-125 but i guess my body structure is set weird because at that weight im a bag of bones, litterally sunken in looking very sickly to where if someone saw me they would be very concerned and might try to help me. i have big hips so even at 190lbs right now my hip bones are just under half and in from my skin. my big final goal is 140-135 lbs. there is where i look normal average woman and look like i was the medical standards for my weight, i look thinner than i really am. i think its my stomach that im most ashamed of on my body its covered in very wide deep stretch marks extreamly close together its a rippled mess despite cocoa butter thru preganncy id wake up belly bleeding from new stretch marks. i have 2 beautiful girls, and a very saggy lumpy belly and they are starting school soon. i still have lots of weight to lose, but skin removal i dont see as an option for me, lack of funds and id also maybe want to have 1-2 more kids. i know im going to be stuck with my tummy after i lose the weight. my recent ex husband left me saying i was too fat to love. but according to the attention from so many men, my ex is obviously a shallow prick who is wrong. heck right now im falling for a guy that is 270lbs. and he accepts and thinks every inch of me is beautiful. apron and all.
    Well I'm glad you ditched the prick and found a real man who likes you no matter what!!! Oh,my hubby of 11 years is a big fluffy himself,290 :blushing:
  • Jeepinmom4
    Options
    Well I'm glad you ditched the prick and found a real man who likes you no matter what!!! Oh,my hubby of 11 years is a big fluffy himself,290 :blushing:
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Not quite an apron....more like the "baby made fanny pack"!!!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I have the apron... 2 c sections helped it get that way lol
  • hankhanna
    hankhanna Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have heard from several people now that the Apron comes with c-sections for the ladies. boo to that.

Haven't heard too many guys opinions. Anyone had skin removal surgery?
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I have the two-pregancy/+60lb/double c-section apron. Even though I've lost 26 lbs (60 lbs counting all the pregnancy weight) I'm still left with the flabby, saggy, over-hanging skin. I hate that I workout so hard (every day) and when I bend over to stretch or in an exercise move all the extra flab comes tumbling out over the top of my pants and just hangs there. On December 12th, all the extra skin will be surgically removed. :wink:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yep, i have the apron, it is gross... and it's not going away. i've lost 16kg and the tummy is looking just as bad as when it started. everything else looks better except the tummy and the boobs.

i totally want to have a tummy tuck!
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    hey,

Reviving this old thread to ask a few questions about RUNNING with an apron of fat. Does anyone do this? I want to but the sound of the flapping apron is so loud it's embarrassing even when no one is around to hear it!

Any experiences out there?
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am going to yet again renew this thread catwrangler... I would like to know the same darn thing!! Aside from running in a girdle I am not entirely sure how it is possible...