Runkeeper-like app for running around an indoor track?

Options
Hey all!

I love Runkeeper as an app but it's GPS feature isn't very accurate when I run indoors at the gym. What app do y'all use for keeping track of your runs when indoors?

Replies

• d_creasman
    d_creasman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My Garmin 920 has indoor running and cycling modes, you have to get the foot pod with it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you might have to do it the old fashioned way, i.e. keep track of how many loops you do and the time it takes you to do it, and enter it manually.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Runmeter. You can calibrate your step length with a couple of outdoor runs using GPS. Then the app will use your step length to calculate how far you've run inside.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    footpod with any tracking watch. (or see Capt_Apollo's manual method...)
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Map my walk works indoor track.
  • scarletrayne19
    scarletrayne19 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know how to calculate my speed manually on the fly (that's how I knew the Runkeeper gps had me going 20% slower than I really was) but when I get really into my run it's hard to keep track. Plus I like that it chimes in every 5 minutes with a status update. I just wanted that status update to be more accurate :)

Do either runmeter or map my walk have vocal updates every couple of minutes?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I love Runkeeper as an app but it's GPS feature isn't very accurate when I run indoors at the gym. What app do y'all use for keeping track of your runs when indoors?

That's a function of your phone, rather than runkeeper. Phone GPS antennae aren't particularly high gain, so if you use them indoors they're not all that accurate.