800+ Calorie Meals

Options
Hi All,

I am currently looking to gain weight and my target calorie intake per day is 4000-4200, I am not too knowledgable on what foods are most dense in calories.

If anyone has any information they would like to share to help me reach my goals of even point me into the right direction as to where I can find a list of these foods to help me prepare high calorie meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) if would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Pizza? You could assemble and bake it yourself if you wanted to control the ingredients.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Alfredo! I will literally set aside 200 cals a day with the idea that on Saturday, I will destroy a bowl of alfredo
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Meat, potatoes, lots. Why are you trying to gain weight?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I know someone has a list of calorie dense foods, maybe they will drop by. But until then...

Full fat dairy
    Pizza
    Pasta in creamy sauce
    Nuts and seeds and nut butters
    Cook everything in oil or butter

I know many folks doing a bulk will make a fruit smoothie using ice cream, nut butters, etc
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Do you like Smoothies? I used to make a cracking one that hovered around 800 calories
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options

people also use this website to monitor what they eat when they're building muscle (which requires a calorie surplus) that's why there's a whole thread for gaining weight....
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Footlong roast beef sub with cheese and lots of veggies.

I just logged a 12" roast beast on 9 grain wheat with provolone and many veggies at about 900 calories :D. I had eaten almost nothing all day so.....
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Many people on here are looking to bulk up/gain muscle. Others are underweight and/or in recovery from an eating disorder and need to gain.
  • IllustratedHistory
    Options
    If you want something nutrient dense, you can try smoothies. Big ones are great meal replacements, especially if on-the-go, and packed with calories and nutrition.

Banana+ greens + protein powder+ nut butter or avocado + other fruit/veg + whatever else tastes good = healthy and calorie dense.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread with a glass of cold full fat milk..... oh how I miss this.

• jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ji61t6187hda.png

That was my meal tonight, and it felt pretty light. I could have easily eaten twice as much. Substitute full fat for the greek yogurt or use sour cream. For the beef, I used 90/10 beef, but use 80/20 or 85/15. The recipe for the beef and corn is:

Brown 1.5 lbs of ground meat, season with taco seasoning
    Add a can of corn
    Add a can of diced tomatoes

You can easily make this meal into a 2000 calorie meal with a few higher fat substitutions and a larger portion size.
  • TomBrownLFC
    TomBrownLFC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for the input, I am looking to gain weight because I was quite underweight but I am nkw struggling to increase my weight so I need to increase my calorie intake.

I have never tried smoothies, I will be honest, I am not a huge fan of fruits but I wouldn't mind giving it a try, any ideas for smoothies? Definitely no bananas though, can't stand thise guys haha

• scottsull7
    scottsull7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the Eat This Not That website, and eat "that."
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    40g protein powder, I use choc/peanut butter
    400ml Milk
    60ml cream
    100g Avocado
    30g chia seeds