Do you ever get hungry in the mouth?

Options
Do you ever get hunger in your mouth strongly and how do you deal with it?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Yes! I get the need to crunch and chew, but not really want food in my stomach.

I eat lots of salad and crunchy veg with my meals and that helps. A small handful of nuts eaten one at a time, or a bite of a crunchy granola bar helps too.

I thought I was alone in that feeling.

Cheers, h.
  • superlauren11
    superlauren11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth (to keep myself from mindless eating), chew gum, or eat something like raw veggies when my mouth wants food but my stomach says no. Chewing or sucking on ice might also be a solution for you.
  • angeljo2015
    angeljo2015 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lauren
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I sometime feel like I need to crunch something dry like nuts or cereal.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Please note that this discussion is not in the Chit-chat section. Please stay on topic and contribute in a helpful manner.

Thank you,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Do you ever get hunger in your mouth strongly and how do you deal with it?

Yes, I know exactly what you mean! To deal with it, I generally chew gum though I tend to stick to the fruity chewing gums as I am not too keen on the mint ones.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Gum!!!! Orbit sweet mint Ftw
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    popcorn
  • angeljo2015
    angeljo2015 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Dear Posters,

Please note that this discussion is not in the Chit-chat section. Please stay on topic and contribute in a helpful manner.

Thank you,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator

Thank you
  • rim14isluv
    rim14isluv Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I snack on carrot sticks! By the time i'm done, i can't chew nothing else for the day! lol
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Gum and water.
  • akamran1
    akamran1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    popcorn

that works for me too -- air popped, a little salt, and I can crunch a whole bowl for not too many calories.

I get the jar of popcorn and measure out a 1/4 cup, put it in a brown paper lunch bag, fold over the top twice, and then microwave it for about 2 minutes on high. No oil needed! But it's important to keep an eye on it, and stop when the pops are about 2 seconds apart because if you let it go too long, it WILL burn. It's a terrific alternative to the commercial microwavable bags if you don't have an air popper.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Gum helps with this.
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    OMG...this is why I'm fat. Whenever I got this feeling before, I went straight for the chips. Crushed ice works really well for me.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Dear Posters,

Thank you,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator

This just made me LOL. I didn't see this when it was posted, but I can only imagine what led to the need for this...