need to get focused again

Options
Hi, Ive been using the myfitnesspal app for 5 months and have lost about 40 lbs. I lost the majority of the weight early on and have been stuck for the last 6 weeks. I am hoping that joining in on the message boards will help me stay motivated. I want to lose 35 more lbs to reach my goal.

Replies

• ellebreedlove42
    ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ah the dreaded plateau! I always get there and lose my self . Keep your chin up and stick with it one way or another the plateau is short term for most people. How often do you work out?
  • sam87price36
    sam87price36 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hiya all,
    Please feel free to add me. I just starting which i hope will be a successful journey to lose weight. I have a few pounds to shred (or stone) and will like some advice, support and inspiration from reading other peoples stories. :-) :s
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    can you say "HiJack" lol
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Have you seen this chart? It might help:

slzzpsqbyv52.jpg
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I hear that. If you're anything like me we need to approach things one meal at a time. And get to the gym at least three times a week.
  • ScarlettBella13
    ScarlettBella13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what happened to me too. Started off strong and then slowed down and finally plateaued for a few weeks. That's why I joined the message boards too. They've been very helpful getting me back on track. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi, Ive been using the myfitnesspal app for 5 months and have lost about 40 lbs. I lost the majority of the weight early on and have been stuck for the last 6 weeks. I am hoping that joining in on the message boards will help me stay motivated. I want to lose 35 more lbs to reach my goal.

same thing happened to me I went from 1/2013 345lbs. 4/2014 226lbs. 9/2015 285lbs. 2/2016 254lbs.

As you can see my losses slowed down once I was closer to a healthy weight. I got complacent and started to go the other direction!

Your goals will fit into one of two categories; outcome goals, and process goals. Loosely defined, outcome goals are a result you’d like to achieve, and process goals as the processes you will need to repeatedly follow to achieve that result.

I focus on process goals. Making my daily macro goal, taking all my walks, making all my training sessions.

Have you considered training for something? crossfit, tough mudder, powerlifiting meet, 5k run?

I am training to compete in a powerlifting meet on 4/2. It's created a mind set shift. For me there is a difference between diet and exercise and eating and training for this specific event.

68892776.png
  • 75poundgoal
    75poundgoal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great feedback. I have been that typical up and down guy my whole life and tend to fall apart once I hit a plateau. I know myself well enough now to be honest and say that I have been slacking the last 6 weeks. It is less of a plateau and more of a lack of sticking with the program. I usually workout 5 days per week alternating cardio/weights each day. I dont have a problem getting to the gym, I have a problem with eating too much. I tend to slip into the "tired from work" mindset and then the "one or two cocktails wont kill me" and then the fridge raiding begins. I am doing better this week and have some short term goals set to keep me on track hopefully! Thanks again!!