just started today!

Options
Well, actually, it's 9pm so I will start tomorrow. I'm excited and apprehensive. How do I know how many calories/fat, etc are in some meals? I work at a day care and so I eat the lunches they serve. This day care is federally funded and so they are big into cutting back calories, sugar, fat, etc. Should I ask the 'chef' how many calories/fat are in the meal? I don't want to insult her, I'm new there. I am hoping to get a lot of feedback and encouragement, motivation, ideas, etc from this website. Seems really cool. I read about it in Cooking Light and was like, "Let's try this!". I hope everyone is achieving their goals! Thanks! (sorry, I tend to ramble)

Replies

• BamaGirl_79
    Options
    Hi! My name is Mechelle from Alabama and I am a newbie to. I guess I will officially start tomorrow too! I used to work at a daycare as the director and I know that here in my state any center that is state funded has to keep track of the nutrition value of each food. Definitely ask the cook, I don't foresee them getting angry and if they do just explain that you are trying to get healthy and watch what you eat and you just want to ensure that what they serve is on your list of do's lol.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site! Your best bet is to just ask. Tell them you are trying to watch what you eat and count calories. I am sure they will understand! That or pack your own lunch if that is an option..