Help....Positive reinforcement needed!

Options
Sheri869
Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
Ahhhhh, my son and ONLY workout buddy is out of town for the week!!! I just started my period sooooo I'm crampy, cranky and hungry! The groups I've joined - nobodys posting on lately so I'm getting nothing there... I don't want to totally de-rail my good start! I NEED some positive reinforcement! Anyone....Anyone....

Replies

• kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie!! You look great! I totally understand the PMS thing.....generally lasts one day, but I always wanna scoop someones eyes out with a spoon at some point that day....then back to my cheery self! LOL........Add me if you'd like! :)
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You're pic has you on a pole. Nuff said :) Mind over matter.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Take a look at your signature.... Your constant goal....

You CAN do it. Your son is normally your motivator but it's time for you to step up and motivate yourself. What does he usually say to you? What will he say if he gets back and you haven't kept up with it? What horrors will he inflict on you to make up for the lost time? How will you feel if he says he's disappointed in you? Will you be disappointed with yourself if you don't?

PS I have had my 'period' for the last 3 weeks (colposcopy gone a bit haywire, not healing, it sucks) and I am finding it really hard. I have realised that exercise actually HELPS at the moment. Those feel-good chemicals really do something.
  • wanderson99
    Options
    Let's just say you did get totally derailed and yes, you did eat something you shouldn't have and then you didn't work out. Well, next week you start fresh and keep going. Don't be down on yourself, your doin it! You don't need a work out partner to keep you motivated, you were motivated enought to reveal your weaknesses, so you CAN do this on your own. Keep going!

On a pole! How green with jealosy am I. Love it! You are awesome!
  • Sheri869
    Options
    Thank you guys - Really Really needed to just hear some kind words - oh and that pic - is where I was a year ago....NOT where I am now! that was pre-shoulder injury and pre 20 lbs added on!

I don't have any recent pics to put on...kinda avoiding the camera
  • Sheri869
    Options
    Take a look at your signature.... Your constant goal....

You CAN do it. Your son is normally your motivator but it's time for you to step up and motivate yourself. What does he usually say to you? What will he say if he gets back and you haven't kept up with it? What horrors will he inflict on you to make up for the lost time? How will you feel if he says he's disappointed in you? Will you be disappointed with yourself if you don't?

PS I have had my 'period' for the last 3 weeks (colposcopy gone a bit haywire, not healing, it sucks) and I am finding it really hard. I have realised that exercise actually HELPS at the moment. Those feel-good chemicals really do something.

Uhhhmmmm I need to stop whining!!! 3 weeks..??? I'm so sorry! I kinda get laid up for a couple days and I just hate when it falls on days I usually work out cuz it really is that bad and I can't do much or I'd be in the bathroom every 10 minutes - as it is I'm in every hour if I'm sitting still.... Its been That Bad for 30 years though.... its just I was on the fast track getting back to working out so with a double strike I'm just worried.. BUT I WILL GET BACK TO IT IN 2 DAYS!!!!! I Won't quit!! And you're right my son will be impressed if I keep it up while he's gone! He's moving in about 6 months so I Definitely have to find my own motivation by then!

Thanks to all you lovely ladies for the "reinforcement I needed for the night! was feeling worried and discouraged but a bit better now! Gonna have a decent night afterall!

Love you all and this website for the encouragement and I hope I can do the same to you when you need it most!!
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    even when i'm a huge ball of PMS.. Pole always makes me happy and gives me a workout... plus im also about to be a teacher. :) wheee

..but i just noticed you have hurt yourself :(

When your shoulder has healed, get back on the pole babe!!! I lost alot when i started!! :)
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Not a woman. But I am married to one. She rocks!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Look at whatever got you motivated to start this journey in the first place, drink a big glass of water and take a midol, then do your workout. Good stuff!