Looking for Paleo and Whole30 friends!

Options
I started eating strictly by the Whole 30 guidelines a few weeks ago and I find that it is working for me after so many other diets, counting calories and weeks of exercise didn't make a difference!

I am also working out everyday. I would love to connect with people who are just starting out and have a significant amount of weight to lose like I do. Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• arose230
    arose230 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started on Monday. Its going well so far!
  • EllyKann
    EllyKann Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    arose230 wrote: »
    Hi, I just started on Monday. Its going well so far!

Great! I sent you a request. I am on day 8 of whole 30!
  • 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have completed four whole 30's, I don't eat strictly paleo but I often come back to it for a "reset" :)

Feel free to add me! I am pretty active on mfp, I am also part of a whole30 support page on Facebook I could send you the link to if you are interested!
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have been eating an 80/20 approach to paleo for the past 6 years. I would love to trade recipes and share encouragement!
  • ksheedy2
    ksheedy2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Whole30/paleo -ish. I'm doing half and half in my coffee so that's why it's an -ish. Day 9 today and feeling really good!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I've done the Whole30 twice. Love how I feel when I'm strictly doing it. Working out what works for me everyday. I'm whole30 ish. I'm working my way through legumes. I just can't believe that there isn't a one I can't eat. So far big no to pinto beans and lentils.
  • Jennfeuer
    Jennfeuer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a working mom of a 23 month old who needs to loose 70lbs. I am trying to do it through Paleo.
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I did Paleo for a while a couple of years ago and Whole30 once, I would recommend this website for recipe ideas, just thought I would share:

http://stalkerville.net/diet/whole30/
  • all4eternity125
    all4eternity125 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello girls! I'm on paleo since november. Lost 12 cm from hips. :smiley: 10 kg down

Recipes I would recomend:
    http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/
    http://ketodietapp.com/Blog
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to friend me. My diary is open and I follow a Paleo/Primal diet. I've also completed 2 1/2 Whole 30's (you can read about my most recent failure on my blog podtasticeats.wordpress.com)

I also post some of the things that I eat on my Instagram @Podtastic_Eats
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have been mostly paleo for just over 2 years. I have done one whole30 and it was a great reset but it just felt really restrictive since I was already pretty diligently paleo. I feel amazing when I'm on track - it helps my cystic acne from flaring up, gives me great options for avoiding dairy (which I shouldn't be eating due to lactose intolerance. . . but I'm weak for cheese!!) and I just feel better overall.

There are a ton of great paleo recipe resources; I always have great luck with paleomg.com, civilizedcavemancooking.com and againstallgrain.com. nomnompaleo.com has a entire set of recipes that are all whole30 compliant and incredibly delicious - I just made cracklin' chicken last night!

Good luck on your paleo journey!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I have been mostly paleo for just over 2 years. I have done one whole30 and it was a great reset but it just felt really restrictive since I was already pretty diligently paleo. I feel amazing when I'm on track - it helps my cystic acne from flaring up, gives me great options for avoiding dairy (which I shouldn't be eating due to lactose intolerance. . . but I'm weak for cheese!!) and I just feel better overall.

There are a ton of great paleo recipe resources; I always have great luck with paleomg.com, civilizedcavemancooking.com and againstallgrain.com. nomnompaleo.com has a entire set of recipes that are all whole30 compliant and incredibly delicious - I just made cracklin' chicken last night!

Have you tried raw dairy products? I have an intolerance, but have no issues with Raw Milk. I just recently bought my first block of Raw Milk Cheese and so far so good.

• mily477
    mily477 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Paleo Diet is similar to Ketogenic Diet?
  • ksettle70
    ksettle70 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Sounds like me... been doing this going on 3 years. Not strict paleo though. That's why I refer to my food choices as "Primal." I am not lactose intolerant - but I am gluten intolerant - I adore cheese. Mark's Daily Apple is a great resource as well. Eating this way keeps my Hashimoto's in check, but I don't lose weight. Cause I have the bad thyroid and I like to drink SO I have never completed a whole30! :wink:

I wish I could lose without counting calories, but alas... tracking may help this time around, but not feeling confident.
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't currently follow either, but I have done Whole30 four times (including one 50-day round) and really learned a lot about myself and my eating habits.

I'm happy to answer questions or share recipes/tricks if anyone is interested. You can add me. :)
  • M111111111
    M111111111 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a whole90 right now. Feel free to add me :)
  • jlymyrtle10
    jlymyrtle10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting up paleo again. I've done it off and on for the past two years, and just feel better when I'm on it (I have Hashimoto's and celiac). I haven't done Whole 30, but have thought about it. I'll see how the mfp/paleo combination goes, and if I am not having success, I might do whole 30. Feel free to add me.
  • Elizabeth1349
    Elizabeth1349 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to do my first whole30 next Monday! I'm nervous but need to make some positive changes. Feel free to add me!
  • Stacy_Merrell
    Stacy_Merrell Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of the Whole30. First time doing this. Would love to walk alongside!