new mama!

Options
i had a baby 11 weeks ago and i am needing to get back in shape!! i need help planning/prepping. i want to plan simple easy healthy meals and a friend thought maybe I should do herbalife shakes for breakfast?!

thoughts?? please help me :)

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I, however, do not know about the shakes. Perhaps ask your OB/GYN first.
  • MrsHall83
    MrsHall83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have a 12 week old and a 2 year old. Easy meals are a must!
    I don't know anything about shakes, but I like to eat so my calories need to come from honest to goodness food! I like to find recipes and use the form on this page (http://strawberrymommycakes.com/2014/09/15/free-printable-weekly-meal-planner/) to plan my week and what I groceries I need.

Some ideas...
    Breakfast: Sliced fruit and a slice of whole grain toast with a little nut butter, oatmeal with whatever add ins you like (just watch the calories), scrambled eggs, 1/2 bagel with apple slices and a little peanut butter.
    Lunch: Wrap loaded with veggies and a reasonable amount of cheese and salad dressing/vinaigrette, 1/2 sandwich with a side of raw veggie sticks and dip, salad with a good variety of veggies and something to provide fat and protein (avocado, nuts, boiled egg etc.)
    Dinner: Grilled or baked skinless boneless chicken breast with salad or proper serving of pasta, omelette made with cheese and veggies like bell pepper strips, spinach, tomatoes, etc.

These are all easy and pretty kid friendly, so they're work when baby starts to eat meals with you as well :)