Need to achieve 65kg in 3 months

Options
Hi All

Currently weighed 84kg. Need to lost around 19kgs for 3 months. Is it good for me to run everyday (mon-fri) for about 20minutes? (7.5km/h)

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Setting a more reasonable goal.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Don't set high goals if you start failing and realise you'll fall off your new lifestyle
    Just work out your calories macros
    Exercise sensibly something you enjoy that you won't give up at goal
    Your body will only lose whatever wants to
    Cut junk out 90% drink water lay off carb laden foods watch your salt sodium intake
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    From what I hear, cardio alone is NOT the answer. You will lose fat but you will also lose muscle, which will make you less capable of burning fat. Try doing some weights as well. You'll be amazed at the difference you see in your body, even if your weight doesn't go down. People say again and again that they wished they'd been lifting weights from the start, because although they lost the weight they wanted it didn't give them the look they had imagined. Have a read of this http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck! :smile:
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Its pretty unlikely you will be able to lose 19kg in 3 months.
    Yes it is good for you to run everyday for 20mins but that alone isnt going to get you to your goal.
    You will need to really monitor your food intake and I would also suggest adding some weight training to your exercise program.

With out knowing more about you (height, age, active etc), 10kg is probably doable in that time. You may not reach your goal but you will look and feel better for it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!