Confused as to why I'm not losing

Options
I need some ideas of how I can lose the weight I've been trying to get off forever! Im considered overweight. I am unable to workout at the moment. I work 40 hours a week and get over 10k steps a day. Im a server which helps my heart rate go up. I eat around 1500-1700 calories.

I'm getting away from dairy slowly but I drink cashew or almond milk still for calcium if that is considered dairy. I eat 3-4 times a day. It's pretty spaced out because of work. I drink a gallon of water a day. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits and I usually eat meat once a day. I am trying to get away from sweets too. What should I try???

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Try a food scale. 1500-1700 daily...how do you measure your food? You don't need to get away from dairy unless you're lactose intolerant.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Both posts above^^^^
  • nevergiveupin2016
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Try a food scale. 1500-1700 daily...how do you measure your food? You don't need to get away from dairy unless you're lactose intolerant.

I'm not lactose but I have a slight allergic reaction to milk and egg. I got tested lol. I weigh all my food in grams ;)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Are you logging *everything*? Is your stats....weight and activity level setting accurate? Measuring cups for liquids only?
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting your target calories from? Have you figured out your BMR or TDEE?

For reference, at 152lbs if I were eating 1700 calories a day I would stay at 152lbs. I'm trying to get down to 135, so to lose 1lb a week I'm eating 1200-1300 calories a day, more if I'm exercising.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I need some ideas of how I can lose the weight I've been trying to get off forever! Im considered overweight. I am unable to workout at the moment. I work 40 hours a week and get over 10k steps a day. Im a server which helps my heart rate go up. I eat around 1500-1700 calories.

I'm getting away from dairy slowly but I drink cashew or almond milk still for calcium if that is considered dairy. I eat 3-4 times a day. It's pretty spaced out because of work. I drink a gallon of water a day. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits and I usually eat meat once a day. I am trying to get away from sweets too. What should I try???

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you're logging *everything*. I know some restaurants have a "bread drawer". When one of my friends stopped sneaking a bite here or there on her shifts, the weight started coming off. Also, drink more water.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Weigh and log everything. Everyday. You'll lose.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    There are three possible reasons

1) You're underestimating your daily calorie intake
    2) You're overestimating your daily caloric burn
    3) You're doing both 1 & 2