Fitbit Steps and Exercising

Options
I have my Fitbit steps linked to My Fitness Pal accounts. I wasn't adding in my exercise that I was doing. Today, I added my exercise which gave me "extra calories" to eat for the day, but I had already had calories added for the steps I've taken... Do you allow for all these calories or do you not add the exercise or what do you do???? Help me please!!!!

Replies

• sdbernier
    sdbernier Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I add my training to my fitbit app and not MFP. I think MFP always gave me way too many calories for my exercises. That's my thoughts...
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Log your exercise through Fitbit, it'll sync the same way as your steps do, and the calories will adjust again. Fitbit constantly adjusts throughout the day, so it'll be okay.
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I only sync my Fitbit with MFP I don't add any extra exercise because I figure I am getting my steps in doing those exercises. Personal choice... Do what works for you:)
  • sandrarenae928
    sandrarenae928 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Irishsugar wrote: »
    I only sync my Fitbit with MFP I don't add any extra exercise because I figure I am getting my steps in doing those exercises. Personal choice... Do what works for you:)

This is what I have been doing as well. I don't want to make myself feel like I have all these 'extra' calories when in reality I would be over eating!

• wubbuwu
    wubbuwu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I walk about 3 miles each way to work. Originally I logged it in MFP (3mph for 60 min). MFP did reconcile my extra calories against the pure FitBit steps (so I wasn't getting double credit). But I wasn't losing weight, or was loosing really slowly (5 lbs in 6 months). As soon as I stopped logging my walks and just took the FitBit step calories, I had less calories added, ate less, and started losing. I'm nearly at goal now.