Quinoa Recipes

Options
BombolinaM
BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
I love quinoa..I usually make it with olive oil, lemon juice, cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta..I am looking for new recipes..

Please share your best quinoa recipes..

Replies

• chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    I love quinoa..I usually make it with olive oil, lemon juice, cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta..I am looking for new recipes..

BUMP!

i just discovered quinoa and i am STEALING this recipe!!!
  • McSnoozle
    McSnoozle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's great warm for breakfast ---- throw in a handful of nuts, some cinnamon, and even add a spoonful or two of vanilla nonfat greek yogurt, if you want a creamy cereal!
  • sam456
    sam456 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you can find this one on my blog--here's the quick version, it's one of my favorites:

1 c. quinoa, rinsed
    2 c. low-sodium vegetable broth (msg-free is always good too)
    1/4 c. red bell pepper, diced (approximately 1/2 of a medium sized pepper)
    1/4 c. celery, diced (approximately 1/2 of a stalk)
    1/4 c. red onion, diced (approximately 1/4 of a small onion)
    1/4 c. black beans
    1 1/2 Tbs. cilantro, minced
    1 Tbs. green onion, chopped
    1 Tbs. crushed black olives
    2 large cloves of garlic, minced (approximately 1 Tbs)
    1/8 c balsamic vinegar
    2 tsp olive oil
    dash of coriander powder
    dash of cumin powder

boil quinoa in veggie broth for about 20 mins, cool and add in remaining ingredients!

enjoy!
    -sam456
    http://happyheartrecipes.blogspot.com/
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    http://veganhippiefreak.blogspot.com/2011/06/vegetable-quinoa-sushi.html

Yummmmmmm. :) Next time I make this I'm definitely adding some carrots & maybe some cream cheese.
  • sam456
    sam456 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    never thought of it as a breakfast food--sounds good, will have to try! thanks :)

-sam456
    http://happyheartrecipes.blogspot.com/
  • clane_tx
    clane_tx Posts: 7
    Options
    I like my quinoa spicy! I use Inca Red and then add black beans, a can of whole kernel corn, a can of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies and a couple of chopped jalapenos until everything is warm. It is excellent! The corn adds just enough sweetness to cut the spice.
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump........ there was a thread to this effect about a month ago if you can find it on the search. :flowerforyou:
  • diamondsnthesky
    diamondsnthesky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just bought some at Wegman's this weekend. Eager to try it sometime this week!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

This sounds delicious!

I like it for breakfast with a bit of almond milk and vanilla stevia. I also like to use it instead of rice in stuffed peppers. I like it just with salt and pepper. I actually substitute it anywhere rice is used. with stirfry it is awesome!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Yum! Good idea to substitute it for rice...I'll definately have to try it for breakfast..It's so filling!
  • bstilland
    bstilland Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just picked up a box of Quinoa from the grocery store and was looking for recipes...these sound delicious.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Yum! Good idea to substitute it for rice...I'll definately have to try it for breakfast..It's so filling!

Breakfast is my fave way! I make a big batch on the weekend and I'll eat it everyday in the morning all week long. YUMMY!