138 Calorie Meal

Options
I dont want to go over and im already exercising to eat those calories, any ideas?

:)

Replies

• Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Generally a salad with grilled chicken and vinegar will keep you under that. Or if you just don't want to use all the cals for the chx, just veggies are super low cal.

Or a soup with chicken broth and canned veggies.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    veggie soup? there are lots of good recipes online - soup is really filling

oatmeal
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    Raw sunflower seeds, celery or fennel
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When I am at this pinch I do a HUGE salad with mostly greens and veggies, add low cal dressing and some protein to keep me from being hungry in an hour (no hidden cal traps like cheese, nuts or croutons) then down as much water as I can hold. It will keep me satisfied for next 3 hours usually. OR do a chicken and veggie stew- no pasta or rice and usually you can get 2 cups in for 200 cal. Not sure you can eat very much of anything else and stay so low cal...hope you find something soon! =)
  • TrysTBear
    TrysTBear Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    nonfat vanilla yogurt with .25 cup kashi almond/flax seed cereal.... I eat it M-F every morning for breakfast, great yummy start to each day.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    How big is your daily deficit? If you've got a 750-1000 calorie/day deficit, I'd suggest going slightly over on calories... if you have a 350 calorie meal, that's still a 550 to 800 calorie deficit for the day (roughly).
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Sara lee 45 cal bread (2)-90cal
    Turkey ham slice in (2)-60 cal

Total 150 cal close.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh ... cheerios! 1 cup cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk will be about 150 cal (it doesn't hurt to go over by a tiny bit) and should be enough to get you through till bedtime.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites (30cal) and 1 whole egg (70cal) scrambled with some veggies. My favorites are asparagus, onion and mushroom. Onion and green pepper are pretty good too.

I'd usually just eat 2 whole eggs, but that would put you over. (but not by much)
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    if you are determined to stick to 138 calories i say eat them all in protein but I think if you are really hungry you could go over by 100 and get something satisfying that is still mostly protein or go for soup.
  • kcavities
    kcavities Posts: 18
    Options
    here's an idea, maybe it'll inspire you someway--

3 crackers = 30 calories
    4 cheese cubes = 48 calories
    3 cups fresh spinach = 30 calories
    lemon or lime juice = 0 calories
    15 grapes = 30 calories
    net: 138 cals! :)
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    fruit parfait-ish?

80 or 90 calorie yogurt
    1/4 cup of cheerios
    1/4 cup of berries
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I would make a big heaping plate of veggies - I recommend broccoli as it's pretty high in fiber. You can eat basically an entire head of broccoli for 100 calories, and then about 1/6 of a block of light tofu for the remaining 40 calories.

On another note, I know you didn't ask for advice, but Ima be rude and mention this anyway. I know it helps mentally to be consistently in the green on MFP, but I don't think it's necessarily helpful towards the overall aim of a healthy lifestyle to really sweat another 50 cals or so if you feel you need a good meal. The thing is, MFP is pretty inaccurate anyway when it come down to exactly how many calories your eating and burning unless you measure EVERYTHING, and use a HRM. The idea is more, to set yourself up with a good deficit, and make sure you stay in the right ballpark calorically. 100 cals plus or minus a day is going to end up in a net change in the speed of your weight loss by about .25 lbs a week. Personally, I try to err on the safe side with my recording (guess on the low end for burned cals, high end for food), so I feel fine with another few cals or an extra snack if I need it... just my .02 cents. I know everybody works differently, just throwing this out there...