Looking for someone to push me!

Options
My biggest weakness is my self-discipline. I don't have an issue staying away from sweets, I don't drink soda at all, but my eating habits are bad. I enjoy working out, weight lifting specifically. I do cardio when I have to... I can't seem to find a workout routine that I'm able to stick to... I tend to get bored doing the same things over and over week after week. I would love to find a friend here that can help me stay on track. My goal is to lose about 40 lbs and drop my body fat % significantly. This is my first time posting here, so any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• MarlowJo13
    MarlowJo13 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have about 40lbs to go that I would like to loose!
  • julezy88
    julezy88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jules, I am looking for friend's to help me get motivated too. I lost two stone a few years ago thanks to this app and working out 3 times a week but have put it back on after the birth of my 2nd baby 5 months ago. My goal is eventually to lose 4 stone but short term goal is two stone by summer! Will add u now x
  • musikplayr
    musikplayr Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @julezy88 Shifting 2 stone (losing 28 lbs to us 'Mericans) is a really good goal! And, you already know you can do it. Only gaining that after 2 kids is pretty good, too!
  • rmgross1
    rmgross1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I need advice, too. When I'm working and/or the weather is good, I do go out walking. But right now I'm in between jobs and the weather's been HORRIBLE, so I've been sitting around too much. I need to be more active, but I WILL NOT go to a gym; I've tried that, and I HATE it. So I need to find some active things to do in the house. I want to lose about 15 pounds, so I know that it's doable; I just need some advice as to what to do. Thanks in advance...
  • safeelone
    safeelone Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @TKTown
    +1 I get bored of the same cardio routine. I've started splitting my cardio time between 2 machines. It helps keeps things fresh. Also you could try watching your fav tv shows while working out.
  • safeelone
    safeelone Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    rmgross1 wrote: »
    but I WILL NOT go to a gym; I've tried that, and I HATE.

Put on some music, jog up and down the stairs. Or you could try a bodyweight routine. Or just dance by yourself for an hour. Lots of home fitness videos on YouTube too. Just go for it!
  • giantwisdom
    giantwisdom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    TKTown, what seems to be your problem? If you are not eating sugar and you live an active lifestyle, how are you 40 lbs above your goal weight? Something is amiss.

Can you describe some of your "bad" habits?
  • TKTown
    TKTown Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    TKTown, what seems to be your problem? If you are not eating sugar and you live an active lifestyle, how are you 40 lbs above your goal weight? Something is amiss.

Can you describe some of your "bad" habits?

To make this as short as possible... I started my own business, very long hours led my family to terrible eating habits. Tons of energy drinks, pizza, burgers, fast foods, frozen meals, etc. within a year, I gained 30+ lbs. Now, I've decided to get my *kitten* together and exercise and make better food choices. I have issues with my self discipline and am trying to break my "convenience foods" habits. With a busy family it's too easy to make what's fast vs. what's healthy. I've been known to enjoy a margarita or a glass (or two) of wine at the end of the day, and I've decided to cut that out as well. It's just a matter of me getting serious about getting this weight back off.
  • TKTown
    TKTown Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    safeelone wrote: »
    @TKTown
    +1 I get bored of the same cardio routine. I've started splitting my cardio time between 2 machines. It helps keeps things fresh. Also you could try watching your fav tv shows while working out.

I like to switch between the elliptical and the treadmill, I could try watching some shows while I do it though, good idea!
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have done a blog based on my 1,000 days on this site. I wrote my own diet plans and training schedule. To date have lost 115lbs. Self-discipline!! I was give five years to live unless I changed my lifestyle. Good luck on your journey, you can do this, believe in yourself
  • DatGuy_Bry
    DatGuy_Bry Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Get a training buddy or try joining a gym that has classes. I find that I push myself harder in a group setting.
  • blackscarab333
    blackscarab333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I began taking martial arts and noticed that the group dynamic was VERY encouraging- and the routine in classes is diverse and very "busy". Boredom is staved off by this setting- because you've people to cheer you on and because things switch around often enough.
    If at all possible, I highly recommend that kind of environment, and as suggested, classes- all the same difference. This really helps those of us who are easily bored on machines, alone.
    I also went running for the first time recently, which I never thought I'd do- but because a friend took me, it was fun- and I'm keeping up with it on my own- I just needed someone to break the ice.
    Having others around you can yield wonderful results when they share in a positive and goal-oriented attitude.
  • dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Add me, I have about the same to lose!
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I need motivational friends too! I have 70 pounds to lose and need some extra pushing
  • triplelclerical
    triplelclerical Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to be held accountable! I have been on MFP since 2011. I have lost & gained. I need some MFP friends who help keep me on track. Feel free to add me :-)
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    rmgross1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I need advice, too. When I'm working and/or the weather is good, I do go out walking. But right now I'm in between jobs and the weather's been HORRIBLE, so I've been sitting around too much. I need to be more active, but I WILL NOT go to a gym; I've tried that, and I HATE it. So I need to find some active things to do in the house. I want to lose about 15 pounds, so I know that it's doable; I just need some advice as to what to do. Thanks in advance...

If you are in your house and the weather is horrible....dance or go up and down stairs. I got a sweet spin bike for under $300 from sears. Most malls open early for people who want to walk. It's worth a try.