Chocolate

Options
I'm a pretty healthy eater, except for the fact that I am a complete chocoholic...I pretty much eat it every day, and then feel really down on myself afterwards.
Can anyone else give me any tips or help with how or what I can do to stop eating so much chocolate?
I'm fairly fit and go to the gym three to four times a week and I know that this is hampering my fitness and weight loss, so any help would be gratefully received!

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate! Life is too short not to enjoy chocolate. It will only hinder your weight loss if it is constantly causing you to go over your calorie limit. I fit it in my day, every day. My favorite is a cup of hot chocolate at night before bed, but in the summer, I'll just have chocolate ice cream or something, or a couple of pieces of a hershey bar or something.

One good one are Popsicle brand fudgecicles. They're only 40 calories a piece and they're really good.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Get some really good chocolate. Dark if you like it. I find with really good dark chocolate I find it takes less to satisfy me than the cheap stuff like hersheys. I also have a chocolate chai tea that I drink when I don't want to use any calories. I think it is Tazos brand. Does a pretty good job of satisfying that chocolate fix.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I switched from milk chocolate to dark chocolate long ago, because it tastes richer and I eat less. I also buy good chocolate, that I don't want to waste in one sitting. Plus it tastes better, so I savor it. I also buy things like Dove brand chocolates that come individually wrapped. That makes it easy to limit to a serving or less (couple pieces and I'm good).

I eat chocolate every day. What I no longer do is overeat it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate pretty much every day. I just make sure it fits in my calories for the day. Been losing pretty steadily.

Make it fit, OP, and enjoy it!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I echo the 'make the chocolate fit' sentiment. I still eat chocolate, biscuits, cheesecake...in moderation, fitting in with everything else, with extra planned exercise to help balance. It hasn't interfered with weight loss.
  • chalkywhite11
    chalkywhite11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your messages...and I agree that life is too short not to eat chocolate, but I do think I eat a bit too much!! :smiley: I think the dark chocolate suggestion is a good one, and I have tried that in the past but have got out of the habit.
  • BaconBae
    BaconBae Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    Chocolate makes the world go round. Currently snacking on barkTHINS Dark Chocolate Almond with Sea Salt. I echo what @brandiuntz said. The darkness makes it definitely richer and more satisfying. A little bit goes a long way.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Don't give up chocolate!!! Just make sure it fits into your calories and enjoy! I eat some just about every day and have zero regrets
  • mrsnazario1219
    mrsnazario1219 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    What? Give up chocolate? Why? Make it fit. Chocolate is perfection lol
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Never stop eating chocolate, it's too good! Switch to nicer chocolate, the pricier dark chocolate will satisfy the craving and you'll eat less of it. Try to portion off how much you can have and then put the rest of the bar away.

If you feel like the sugar cravings are out of control, I totally feel you. Whenever this happens to me I like to do a hard reset and go off sweets for 3-4 weeks. This always breaks the hold sugar has over me and helps me to crave it less when I'm done :)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I eat chocolate everyday. It's usually what's for breakfast, actually. I've already started buying Easter chocolate. And I've maintained a 95 lb loss for over two years now.

Just make it fit into your calorie goal. You don't plan on depriving yourself for life, do you?
  • avj_78
    avj_78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Fudgicles give me a nice chocolate fix at only 90 calories. I also like the Cliff organic trail mix bars with chocolate. They are 200 calories and as delicious as any nutty chocolate bar!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I like Godiva sugar free dark chocolate. I heard Whole Foods has a brand called Lilly's that is good plus Trader Joe's has a good sugar free chocolate. I think really good dark chocolate is more satisfying than cheap candy bars or milk chocolate.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your messages...and I agree that life is too short not to eat chocolate, but I do think I eat a bit too much!! :smiley: I think the dark chocolate suggestion is a good one, and I have tried that in the past but have got out of the habit.

There's your problem. Maybe eat less chocolate?
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Fat free chocolate milk and fun size chocolate treats! I love the fun size plain m&m candies. It's a great treat and easy to work into calories.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    Chipits. Dark chocolate chipits. Weighed.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Trader joes has good dark chocolate
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day. Multiple times a day. A tim tam and hot chocolate at night. Maybe some Lindt on the weekend. Even chocolate protein bars. Oh, and as Easter's coming up I have some mini Crunchie eggs in the fridge, gonna fit a couple of them in....
    Moderation is key. In all things, really.
  • karmaheart
    karmaheart Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this post! I love peanut M& M's and chocolate ice cream. Now I don't have to feel as guilty when I eat it.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Oikos Triple Zero Greek yogurt, and the chocolate flavor is amazing. 120 calories, 16 grams of protein, and no added sugar, no fat and no artificial sweeteners.