Struggling with eating healthy?!

Options
lulurose410
lulurose410 Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello, I have lost a total of 115 pounds so far. And for some reason for the past week or so I have been feeling like I have been "craving" everything and wanting to dip into my cravings almost everytime I want something. And anything I do eat, is not satisfying at all even though I ate plenty I am also eating way more than normal. I feel like I am eating how I used to eat when I was over 300 pounds. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!

Have you taken a diet/maintenance break yet?
  • eds527
    eds527 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job on your success! What might help you is having a indulgence but in a very small portion. If you want to have chocolate cake, maybe get one of those single servings at grocery stores and cut it in half. Freeze the other half, throw it away, do whatever. Just don't eat it in the same sitting or even have it in view. That way you get your craving fix without ruining all your hard work!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I'm with @arditarose.

You have lost so much ( big round of applause) and have been at it quite a while.

Think of taking a maintenance break for a couple of weeks. You are still in control and counting calories, but are getting enough of them to splurge a bit.

A lot of people benefit from a break, it is not unusual at all.

Cheers, h.
  • lulurose410
    lulurose410 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @arditarose I am not sure how long a maintenance break should be. I have been splurging for like a week now and all I feel is guilty. And eating unhealthy makes me crave more and more unhealthy foods. Maybe I am just going through a "phase".