Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

FitBit Flex Calories Burned

I've been using a FitBit flex for about three weeks now (but have been consistently using MFP for 2 1/2 months). When I run on the treadmill, I don't know if the FitBit Flex accurately tracks my calories burned. I also log my run into the FitBit app, not MFP. Does anyone use a Flex, and if so, do you think it tracks exercise and calories burned well?

Replies

• gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    I think both the MFP and the Fitbit overstates calorie burns. I usually divide their calculations in half.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    First, with a Flex, make sure your stride length is correct, because if it is off, the calorie burn will be off.

The way to figure out if it is accurate for you is to use your Fitbit for a month, while logging your food as accurately as possible (this is very important, and - for me - very hard). Then, at the end of the month, go to your Fitbit profile page and use the "average burn" and "average intake" numbers there to compute your expected weight change. Compare that to your actual weight change.

I'd recommend that you read the FAQ found in the stickies in the MFP Fitbit Users group. Here's a handy link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1