Alcohol = heelp

Options
Its my best friends bday tomorrow and we will go out for drinks.. HEELP alcohol is so fattening

Replies

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So conserve your calories during the day so you have some to spare.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I saw someone post this site a while ago and found it quite useful: http://getdrunknotfat.com/

ETA: If you manage your calories for the day, you'll have enough to still enjoy drinking with your friends. Just determine how many calories you want to give yourself for alcohol and make sure the food you eat leaves room for that amount.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Rum and Diet Coke or Vanilla Vodka and Diet ginger ale are good
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Find a drink with grain alcohol (vodka, gin, bourbon) and a no calorie mixer (diet tonic, diet soda, etc..). Or, just sip a good bourbon with no mixer.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Vodka, club soda, lime.
  • ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. Stay away from cocktails or beer and just to vodka/soda. Between every alchohic drink, just have a glass of water. Or order a few just dosa with lime. Looks like a drink, still tastes fun, keeps you within calorie range and not hungover!!!
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Don't save too many calories! Drinking on an empty stomach has never yielded great memories for me!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,412 Member
    Options
    If this is a rare, occasional thing, it should not be a big problem.

Yes, to minimize the impact, you can eat less during the day, cut 50-100 extra calories a day for a few days, or do some extra workouts. Personally, I don't think short-cutting nutrition is a good way to go, if I'm taxing my body with some extra alcohol, so I wouldn't myself do a steep cut in eating the day of.

To me, a close friend's birthday is something that's a true special occasion. If it rarely happens, an occasional over-goal day just means a delay (usually quite a short delay) in reaching your weight loss goal. The majority of our days determine the majority of our progress!

Even 3-5 sturdy craft beer pints - which is calorically a pretty heavy-hitter drink for its alcohol content - is only going to run maybe 1500 calories. A truly silly amount of hard liquor (without sugar-y mixers) would be way fewer calories.

If I'm losing half a pound a week (500 calories a day deficit), 1500 calories is a 3-day delay. If I only do this rarely . . . meh.
  • keepupwithjack
    keepupwithjack Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Plan your calories and enjoy a glass of wine or a beer. You don't have to have more than that to have fun,do you?
  • Facetious76
    Facetious76 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love beer too much so I exercise so I can drink. :)