Looking for some MFP friends!

Options
I started my weight loss journey by joining Weight Watchers. I loved the accountability and community the structure of WW provided, but over time grew dissatisfied with the points system. Bananas are zero point?! That doesn't even make sense...

So I left WW back in 2015, but have really been struggling with the lack of community and external accountability since I made the switch. I've decided I want to be more activate on the MFP message boards and make some health and fitness friends! Please add me and I'll add you back :)!

Replies

• amandamo1989
    amandamo1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I could never do the WW points thing myself. I am re-starting my weight loss journey. I lost a good bit after my son was born but now have gained some back. Now I need some motivation!
  • jennkaufer89
    jennkaufer89 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The WW is a lot of magical thinking from my perspective - it didn't really teach me anything about the food I was eating. A rice krispy treat is the same number of points as a protein bar? Like, what?

I decided I wanted to really learn more about the food I was eating so that I'd be able to make smart decision on my own, and not feed into the WW business model.

Go you! :D Excited to be MFP friends.
  • afarrar362
    afarrar362 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add you but don't know how,lol,help!
  • jennkaufer89
    Options
    afarrar362 wrote: »
    I'd like to add you but don't know how,lol,help!

I just added you! :)
  • peg74
    peg74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add you but also new to mfp!
  • tybrummilehigh2016
    Options
    Goodluck!
  • rbare1970
    rbare1970 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just go to friends, add by email or user name and type in the persons user name. It will send them a message to accept or ignore the request.
  • jennkaufer89
    Options
    Thank you everyone who has added me as a friend! I'm feeling a lot of motivation and support to keep logging and pushing towards my health goals. I really do appreciate this community - Happy Thursday everyone.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    congrats on deciding to be more active and accountable!
  • lachona99
    lachona99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Add me too please