Bodyweight exercises

Options
I have found I really love doing bodyweight exercises. I do them at home using daily burn. I find them very challenging as I can't do all the reps if even the medium workouts, but I'll get there
Daily burn uses what is called tabata
20 second rep with 10 second rest
My question is how do you record this type of exercise on either mfp or fitbit
I have been recording on mfp under calisthenics, but not sure if calisthenics is now called bodyweight. I also mix the bodyweight training with aerobics. I live any dancing workouts

Replies

• armouredninja
    armouredninja Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP and I can tell you there's no way of knowing how much you burn with bodyweight exercises... -_- I was pretty peeved when I found out because I do them too. It might be a safe bet to assume about 200 calories (for me who's about 120 lbs because it differs by weight) if you go for about 30-45 minutes of intense stuff. That's what I've found through a little research and some self-experimentation. That's a really rough estimate though, so be warned.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics is probably the closest you will get.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I do the same type of Tabata training and HIIT training and log it as circuit training.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Carefully

Half the calories
  • shawnathan9
    shawnathan9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do mostly calisthenics. Based on how much I food I use, I'm under the impression that there are too many variables to accurate determine actual calorie burn.

Your BMI alongside the true intensity exerted based on the efficiency of form used per exercise against mind - muscle connection to attribute toward actual fiber contraction.

Repetition vs. timed exercises and how much rest breaks you take determine how much stored energy is used.

I burn alot doing calisthenics. Probably more than it calculates. Just my 2 cents :)