Not meeting calorie goals

Options
So I can't seem to be meeting my calorie goals for the past week or so. I haven't really changed anything, but I am always 400+ short. I eat all 3 meals, and I make sure to eat either a protein bar or other snack between each meal. What else should I do to add calories to my diet without just eating a bunch of junk?

Replies

• e_bound
    e_bound Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It might be time consuming but if you really want to hit that calorie goal you should try planning out what you're going to eat throughout the day. I've recently been having the same problem but have conquered it. What macronutrient is usually in the most deficit?
  • deeowens867
    deeowens867 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to share your food log with me I'll take a look. Sometimes its a simple tweak/2nd set of eyes.
  • Lakishiascottray
    Lakishiascottray Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just ordered high calorie boost online @MD DIRECT it has 530 calories
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So I can't seem to be meeting my calorie goals for the past week or so. I haven't really changed anything, but I am always 400+ short. I eat all 3 meals, and I make sure to eat either a protein bar or other snack between each meal. What else should I do to add calories to my diet without just eating a bunch of junk?

Are you eating a bunch of diet foods (low calorie, high volume). Look at this thread for a list of food ideas. Also, removing limitations or labels on foods might help. More often than not on this forum, people fail to reach their goals because they believe certain foods are bad or good without looking at the entire context of a diet.

Adding weight is hard enough, doing it with a lot of limitations on foods, makes it harder. So if you have a fairly healthy day, sometimes adding a few hundred calories of ice cream, chocolate milk or whatever may be beneficial.
  • mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Eat before closing ur eyes like Iam doing. Meal timing irrelevant, you have goal, you have 24hrs. Don not be scared of food. Hit your cals, get stronger and move further to your goal
  • ro55ymac
    ro55ymac Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can add 400 calories over the day without needing to fit in another meal, which can seem a bit of a big task if you are full most of the time. Add butter to your potatoes, dressing to your salad, cheese to your pasta, mayo on your sandwich. You don't need much of any of these things to add 100 calories to a meal.
  • taahirac001
    taahirac001 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    High calories smoothie works

Blend together 2 bananas, 1 cup of full fat coconut milk, 3 tablespoons of peanut butter or other but butter, 2 tablespoons of honey. Blend in ice to cool!

Should be about 1100+ calories.

Hope this helps
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

Are you eating a bunch of diet foods (low calorie, high volume). Look at this thread for a list of food ideas. Also, removing limitations or labels on foods might help. More often than not on this forum, people fail to reach their goals because they believe certain foods are bad or good without looking at the entire context of a diet.

Adding weight is hard enough, doing it with a lot of limitations on foods, makes it harder. So if you have a fairly healthy day, sometimes adding a few hundred calories of ice cream, chocolate milk or whatever may be beneficial.

I'm all in for the food list... :)