Overdid "Cheat Day"

Options
This is one of my worst day's ever.
I was doing so well, and now feel like a FAT PIG! :(
Just look at my diary.
And I have a huge headache from all that sugar, what can I do to fix this extremely stupid day?

Thanks. Any advice/support would be appreciated

Replies

• CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you can't do THAT bad in one day. I mean, unless you're some kind of food eating monster, you're going to be fine. You have to eat 3500 calories over your BMR to gain a pound. So... probably the WORST you could do is gain a lb. Just forgive yourself and move on.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I had an extremely stupid weekend. I for one am going to put it behind me. Try not to beat myself up over it and start back up on the right track tommorrow. Not sure if my diary is public but take a look. it will prob make u feel better. Lol. Tommorrow is a new day and every meal is a new meal :)
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm sorry! looks like one of my cheat days, I especially love the red vine calorie, I could eat the WHOLE tub of those!!! :)

you are ANYTHING but fat, but i understand the feeling. all you can do is drink lots of water and stay away from sugar tomorrow....
  • atisketataskets
    Options
    Who knew Cheetos cost so many calories! Don't worry about it..
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    And by looking at your diary, you didn't do that bad. Trust me, I can eat up to 8000 calories in a day. ;) Just don't worry about it. Do better tomorrow. On the positive side, it's a good boost for your metabolism!
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Learn from it, don't beat yourself up, and move on. Just remember, tomorrow is a new day. We've all had these days, I promise. :)
  • annagracem
    annagracem Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah you aren't the only one. When you wake up in the morning it's a new day free from guilt and open for hard work. At least I can tell myself that. Plus it seems you are getting close to your goal so don't worry too much.
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I had a terrible day last Wednesday... TERRIBLE!! So much sodium and fried food I felt so sick. Thursday I felt awful and Friday wasn't much better. I just kept drinking water, did lots of cardio and got back to my normal eating. On Thursday I was up 2.5 lbs and it took until today to get back to my normal weight!!

It was just one day. Just get back to normal tomorrow -- and drink LOTS of water!
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    What do you do? You live, learn, laugh, then move on. One day does not a diet make (not matter HOW bad you cheated). You're doing fine. Just wake up tomorrow and make good choices!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bad days happen to everyone. just start tomorrow fresh, don't try and compensate for eating so much today, just eat normally tomorrow, and move on.

and like someone else said, drink water, and lots of it. you'll be fine :)
  • jamiegirl816
    Options
    Maybe do some extra exercising, drink lots of water cause all that sugar will have dehydrated you, and just put it behind you. Next time you feel a binge coming on try to remember this feeling, and maybe it will help you. It's a lot easier said than done, just keep trying. I'm sure you had "skinny" days while you were putting the weight on, and there will be "fat" days while you take it back off. If you are worried at all that you might keep eating... brush your teeth. It's a good way to stop yourself from eating more just cause you are upset and feel like you might as well...
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    You know what you can do to fix it? Wake up tomorrow with a positive attitude. Learn from this binge. Accept that you've done it, accept that you'll probably want to do it again. But know that next time you will think about it (even for a split second more than you did today) and know that you will understand the consequences.

Get up tomorrow and try to be better. Don't flog yourself at the gym, or starve yourself for a week. These things got you to where you are, and you don't want to be there any more.

Plus... did you enjoy it? You might not be enjoying it now, but I'm sure you enjoyed it at the time. You will find other ways to enjoy yourself in time...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Overeating makes me feel like crap too. Just get back on it tomorrow and you'll be alright :) Every day is a new day.
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    This is one of my worst day's ever.
    I was doing so well, and now feel like a FAT PIG! :(
    Just look at my diary.
    And I have a huge headache from all that sugar, what can I do to fix this extremely stupid day?

Thanks. Any advice/support would be appreciated

l looked at your diary and it was pretty awesome. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water (not more than usual if you're getting 8 glasses per day though) just to stay hydrated.

And most of the advice is right on. There's nothing to "do" except move on and maybe analyze how/why you binged. Although... I just looked back a few days and your diet is pretty high in sugar and candies/chocolates.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Everyone else has given great advice and I concur.

I'm just impressed that you were able to ONLY eat 1 M&M. I probably would have eaten the whole bag LOL. 1 piece takes some serious will power. You should be proud of yourself for that.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you can't do THAT bad in one day. I mean, unless you're some kind of food eating monster, you're going to be fine. You have to eat 3500 calories over your BMR to gain a pound. So... probably the WORST you could do is gain a lb. Just forgive yourself and move on.

Correction, you have to eat 3500 calories over your total daily calorie burn. That would be your BMR plus the calories of your daily activity, plus any extra activity like exercise you did. You ate approximately 3500 calories, lets say your daily maintenance is 1600 (it might be higher or lower but lets say it is 1600) that means you ate 2900 calories over, that is assuming you did not do any exercise which would lower that number. Now realize that is not even one pound of fat. Add to that the fact that you have nicely topped up your leptin levels, and you can now more easily lose fat in the days, even next week or two, than you did before this day.

One note, DON'T weigh yourself tomorrow or the day after that as you will be retaining water which will make it look like you have gained a lot, you have not it is just water. Drink lots of water, go back to your normal eating and exercise, then weight after at least 3 days.

Most of all, don't beat yourself up. That serves no purpose.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I saw your diary. And we all have bad days. but I think it may be because you deprive yourself of these foods, so then when you do have them you tend to over do it. You should set a mini goal, & when you reach it then treat yourself with a special snack that you wouldnt normally eat. or every so often, taste some of the food you crave badly, but just taste it. I am like that with bread. once I have something with bread then that whole day I am constantly eating bread for the rest of the day,pizza is my weakness then regret it when I have to log it in. A lot of people have cheat day once a week, & I think having a cheat day once a week is too much. set mini goal when it is reached have a cheat day but yet still controlled on how much you will eat..I hope this helps, but tomorrow is another day, girl
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    Add to that the fact that you have nicely topped up your leptin levels, and you can now more easily lose fat in the days, even next week or two, than you did before this day.

I'm all for being supportive but let's not go overboard.
    I saw your diary. And we all have bad days. but I think it may be because you deprive yourself of these foods, so then when you do have them you tend to over do it.

I saw the exact opposite. (At least for the past week). It looks like you're eating chocolate or candies or chips/cheetos everyday. These are foods that are very sweet and high in sugar while being very low in satiety which makes them easy to binge on. If you're eating chocolate or chips everyday it's easy to forget what you're doing and eat more than you should.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice and support. it was just what i needed at the moment. i'll definitely do better tomorrow.
    have a great night :)