What is my activity level?

Options
I workout very intense 4x a week for an hour each time and walk 10k steps a day acc to my Fitbit. I have 2 young daughters so am constantly on my feet. Is this classes as active or very active?

Replies

• Helloidentitycrisis
    Options
    If you go into mfp "APPS" section, I'm vaguely aware you can connect your fitbit so that you can click sedentary and it will update your calories automatically?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I workout very intense 4x a week for an hour each time and walk 10k steps a day acc to my Fitbit. I have 2 young daughters so am constantly on my feet. Is this classes as active or very active?

set to sedentary
    link your fitbit to MFP and enable negative adjustments and your activity level will be adjusted automatically
    (actually it doesn't matter what you set it as as Fitbit will adjust it to the appropriate level for your movement)
    Log your workouts separately and halve the MFP calorie allowance for them

eat that
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I'd go light active and add meaningful exercise separately.

or link your fitbit as others have said?
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I don't count my intentional exercise in my activity level. In MFP, you "earn" calories for working out, so I consider working out separate from activity level. I have 2 young kids too...I had my activity level set as active, but I didn't see any weight loss. I dropped it to lightly active and had weight loss. I also spend a lot of time in the car.
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

set to sedentary
    link your fitbit to MFP and enable negative adjustments and your activity level will be adjusted automatically
    (actually it doesn't matter what you set it as as Fitbit will adjust it to the appropriate level for your movement)
    Log your workouts separately and halve the MFP calorie allowance for them

eat that

So pleased I've just read this, I've been messing about with my settings for weeks and finally decided to do this at the weekend, at least I've got some thing right. :)
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a little unsure. I set it to light as my job involves sitting down a lot but I only work 25 hours a week and I do at least twenty mins of stretching/flexability every day and go for it at the gym at least three times a week so not sure if it should be higher.

Did get my fat % measured yesterday and it said to eat 1230 calories per day. Should I just stick with that? I do eat back 25% of burnt calories on the advice of personal trainer.
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I'll do what's been suggested. Thanks again