Hypertension, high cholesterol and a stent implant at 53...n

Options
I was diagnosed with hight blood pressure a few years ago as well as high cholesterol. Last April I discovered 90% blockage in my anterior descending artery and had a stent implanted. It's plain I need to change my lifestyle or I will not be around to see my son graduate college.

I'm sure I am not the only one in this predicament.

Please feel free to connect with me. I would welcome advice and/or comradery in my journey to better health and less, if not all, medications no longer required.

Replies

• Coco187
    Coco187 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, in reading your post, I to suffer with HBP, since changing my diet, my BP is better than it has been in years. I also discovered an alkaline body and alkaline water. Look up the benefits of alkaline diet. I hope this helps.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Have you considered trying out a low-fat vegan diet? My dad is 62 and a little over a year ago he adopted a low-fat vegan diet and has since dropped from three blood-pressure medications to one (or he might be fully off, now), has greatly reduced his cholesterol, and he's been losing weight like there's no tomorrow! It's really amazing to see. His doctor was talking in terms of "when he develops diabetes" -- not if. I'm super proud of him for getting his health under control.

Just thought I'd throw that out there as a suggestion, in case it sounds like a possibility. My dad is a big fan of Dr. Neal Barnard and his books/recipes to help improve cardiovascular health. I'd suggest checking out his books, if you're interested in learning more about it. Really good stuff.