Options
pie_eyes
pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
Do you think NASA would tell us?

Replies

• LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I hope so because i want to have time to buy a pizza and a dozen cupcakes to eat before i die! lol
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I hope so because i want to have time to buy a pizza and a dozen cupcakes to eat before i die! lol

Yeah and I need to get the drunkest I've ever been in my life lol
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I think i'd rather not know - not quite sure why but that's what i'm thinkin' right now
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    NASA wouldn't but some smoking gun guy would. The government would call him a nutjob and we wouldn't believe until it blocked out the sun. I know how this works because I am an X Files fan.
  • VoiceWithNoValue
    VoiceWithNoValue Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's happening daily. Earth's atmosphere burn it to dust. You might want to add "big" infront of "meteor".
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    depends if they were able to do something about it. If the answer is unequivocally "no" then I bet they'd stay quiet about it.
  • wendylynne917
    wendylynne917 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, they wouldn't want to have the panic that would ensue.....
  • cjferguson40
    cjferguson40 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think NASA would if they were the ones to discover it. I think we give these government agencies too much credit for being smoke and mirrors secretive. Now, if it were the CIA that had the information...there's no way they'd tell us.

There are thousands of amateur astronomers out there nightly looking up for stuff like this. If there was an asteroid big enough to cause real damage to the Earth coming in...NASA wouldn't be the only ones to know about it. The word would get out...I'm positive.

Of course, a word from NASA would have all the news agencies screaming instantly. A word from joe-schmoe from back woods Nevada might take a little bit to gain some steam.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    If I KNEW it was going to destroy the Earth? I'd go out and by the Porche of my dreams and drive it till the cows came home.........................err the meteor hit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cjferguson40
    Options
    sirenjo wrote: »
    _Just_Ash_ wrote: »
    I saw this documentary once, they sent a bunch of drillers up to an asteroid that was on a collision course with Earth with some nukes. Quite hairy and the documentary was really insightful. Unfortunately the head driller didn't make it back as there was a problem with the bombs remote detonation system and he decided to stay behind to make sure the asteroid was destroyed.

Hero.

Was that not a film ash? With an awesome tune soundtrack by Aerosmith ?? Haha

Terrible movie, by the way!

Deep Impact was much better!
  • pichiPurinsesu
    Options
    i think if we were to be given a warning like that i'd go into a state of blind panic. that's why i'd rather not know
  • cjferguson40
    Options
    i think if we were to be given a warning like that i'd go into a state of blind panic. that's why i'd rather not know

Blind Panic...isn't that a breakfast combo at Hardees?

oh, wait...no, that's what you do after you eat the breakfast combo, looking for a toilet!
  • pichiPurinsesu
    Options

oh, wait...no, that's what you do after you eat the breakfast combo, looking for a toilet!

or when you're taking an anxiety attack :|
  • cjferguson40
    Options

To be quite honest, I'd have huge anxiety issues as well. Mostly due to the fact that I couldn't protect my kiddos. Depending on how much time was left though...I'd arm myself and try to spend the last days/moments keeping calm for their sake.
  • pichiPurinsesu
    Options

To be quite honest, I'd have huge anxiety issues as well. Mostly due to the fact that I couldn't protect my kiddos. Depending on how much time was left though...I'd arm myself and try to spend the last days/moments keeping calm for their sake.

yeah - anxiety attacks for me didn't start until i had kids; go figure! hah