Shoulder pain - referred or muscular

Options
Hi,

I work out 5 days a week and have done for a couple of years. Mostly using fitness blender/home workouts with and without weights.

I did a weighted workout and did try to up my weights a little.. but not hugely. Had terrible shoulder ache through night and worsening today. The pain is felt up my neck and down into my arm. No particular movement causes pain however, it is a solid ache.

I have also been having some gastrointestinal problems for some time and have also wondered if the shoulder pain could be referred pain.

Could I have done damage last night and not realised at the time?

Thanks in advance
A

Replies

• kwill151
    kwill151 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sounds like a pinched nerve in your neck,if it is you will get a tingle down into your thumb and pointer finger
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world. I have had a pinched nerve in my neck for 2 weeks now from laying tile in my house & it's driving me nutzzz.. I had to stop lifting all weights & just doing cardio until it heals. Sucks big time....
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    where on your shoulder does it hurt?

It sounds like it could be a pinched nerve in your cervical spine OR very common shoulder impengement (especially since this happened at night).

Go get a good quality massage and if it's still not cooperating, go to your doctor.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    It can be just a neck strain. Not uncommon for people who increase intensity to clench up neck muscles harder and have them hurt for a couple of days or more.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • chickenpie
    chickenpie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    thanks you guys

the pain is a dull ache, in the front of my shoulder joint and down my arm, same today but not so bad as yest. however I can move it freely in all directions with no specific pain...

I have some other odd aches n pains going on though, think tonsillitis is looming with glandular pains all over. I hate taking time out but will try best to have a night off and an early night :( *feels sorry for self!*