weight watchers people....

Options
i am new here and still learning to navigate,,,,,but are there any WW people on board and if so can you friend me I can use all the help I can get on the new points plus program,,,,did the old points program and trying to figure thos one out is more challenging! thanks! :)

Replies

• ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Drop the WW. Lose the points and points plus. Use MFP and figure out your calories. I'm doing SO much better now with the weight loss.
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i tried ww and this is soooo much better....no confusing points to worry about. just healthy eating
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Me too. I have done WW before and had some results but now that I'm doing MFP I'm amazed at how much "free point food" I was eating. No wonder I wasn't taking off the weight like I wanted. This program is free and it's easy to use. Besides you don't really need both. I think you'd get too confused trying to figure out points and calories.
  • CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    Well you know my take on it. Whatever is easier for you I say is good. Allowing this website to count my calories I can have through the day has helped me lose 24 lbs since starting the site. :) You stay under you can't go wrong. Like I told ya...I eat pretty much what I want...just in moderation now. Since starting the site, I just have to look for the foods now in my database..I don't have to type them in no longer...that is the plus! You do what is best for you. :)
  • JoniKim
    JoniKim Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a WW and have lost 75 lbs. It is all about eating healthy and moving your body! My sister and brother in law invited me to join MFP and I like the fact that we can encourage each other with comments on our pages. I have reached my goal in WW and will be lifetime in two weeks. It is interesting to compare the two programs. A big help is tracking what you eat. Good luck!
  • rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I do both ww and mfp. You are welcome to request me.
  • helena260
    helena260 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I do both WW and MFP!! I have lost 114lbs with Weight Watchers. Please feel free to send me a friend request!!!
  • 2zsmom
    2zsmom Posts: 10
    Options
    thanks for the replys. I am not here to say anything about any program good or bad either way. I appreciate the comments and feedback, but WW does work for me when I work the program. I will not be tracking here as well as there. im sorry but to me, counting points is much easier for me than trying to figure out calories. always has been. just works for me I guess, different strokes for different folks. I am here mostly for support and to connect with others who are in the same battle I am in,,,,,thanks so much for the feedback! much appreciated! :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replys. I am not here to say anything about any program good or bad either way. I appreciate the comments and feedback, but WW does work for me when I work the program. I will not be tracking here as well as there. im sorry but to me, counting points is much easier for me than trying to figure out calories. always has been. just works for me I guess, different strokes for different folks. I am here mostly for support and to connect with others who are in the same battle I am in,,,,,thanks so much for the feedback! much appreciated! :)
    i 100% agree with you... i quit WW for 1-2weeks and tried MFP to see which works better for me.. i ended up gaining 2 lbs with MFP and i completely stopped counting calories and stuck with what i know best, counting points :)) since then (3 weeks ago) i lost the weight i gained, plus an additional 4lbs. I am doing the old program (momentum) and i've had soo much success with it, lost 30 lbs since february :)) Plus, i felt like i was on the internet way to much with MFP. i would rather carry around journal and track that way. my opinion
  • ziathediva
    ziathediva Posts: 12
    Options
    I was on ww too and canceled it because I like how MFP works better. No points to count. I also found the people on the boards to be rather nasty. I love MFP!!
  • ohiomom0503
    ohiomom0503 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm doing WW. I did cancel my online WW subscription a few weeks ago and only did MFP and didn't lose anything. Did that maybe 2 weeks. Went back to WW and have lost 3 lbs this week.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Former WW member here, too. Didn't have a lot of success with WW, even though I worked the program. Some people do great, and it is a good program. When I found MFP, I was overjoyed! You can do both to keep yourself in check. My belief is - whatever works best for you, is healthy, behavior modification and a lifestyle. You go on a diet - you go off. Take care and best of luck whatever program you choose.