Jillian Michaels diet plan

Options
I have a silly question I want to start her diet but with the dinners do I just eat a pound of meat she says to eat for lunches and the dinners with nothing else like veggies or fruit? Thanks

Replies

• heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels would never advise anyone to eat a pound of meat and nothing else. What diet plan are you talking about?
  • shellie1206
    shellie1206 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred I found on Pinterest
  • shellie1206
    Options
    Her meal plan has satay chicken for dinner pound of it do I have it with a veggie doesn't say
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred I found on Pinterest

Are you sure it is legit? Anyone can make an image, put someone's name on it, and throw it on Pinterest.

When I did a search for Jillian Michaels and 30 Day Shred Diet, I found something more like this: http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf
  • shellie1206
    Options
    That is the one if you look at her dinners like chicken satay what goes with it her recipe only says 1 pound of chicken with nothing else. I'm confused as hell when her breakfast says and lunches says are dinners just meat?
  • bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    That is the one if you look at her dinners like chicken satay what goes with it her recipe only says 1 pound of chicken with nothing else. I'm confused as hell when her breakfast says and lunches says are dinners just meat?

First off, that says serves 4, so no you are not eating a pound of meat. And yes, it does look like she intends you to just eat that. Good luck with that diet plan
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The recipe serves 4. Look at the bottom of the recipe for nutrition information.
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I haven't heard terribly positive things about her plans - at least the exercise ones. So not sure that you should lend a great deal of credence to her nutrition plans. Just suggesting that you take a good hard look before making the commitment.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    To be fair, it does look like the plan has room for veggies and fruit in other meals.

However, there are a couple red flags here. Number one being the **SUBWAY: fresh fit** logos all over the page. number two being that several of the snacks and meal elements seem to be sold in her own store.

It might be a good outline for a reasonable diet with an okay calorie count, but I'd be a little weary of following it too closely.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

It's meat with a variety of other ingredients to create a sauce. And there are different dinners -- things like chili and tacos -- for other nights.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

There is a recipe for Chicken Satay that uses 1 pound. The recipe serves 4 (so you eat 1/4 pound of chicken, total of 203 calories). But you're right.....what goes with the chicken? The whole meal shouldn't be 203 calories.

Maybe you need to sign up for the 30 Day Ripped program on-line, which would stink because once they've got your credit card.............

Here's a Jillian group.....maybe they have more info
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/117-30-day-shred
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

There is a recipe for Chicken Satay that uses 1 pound. The recipe serves 4 (so you eat 1/4 pound of chicken, total of 203 calories). But you're right.....what goes with the chicken? The whole meal shouldn't be 203 calories.

Maybe you need to sign up for the 30 Day Ripped program on-line, which would stink because once they've got your credit card.............

Here's a Jillian group.....maybe they have more info
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/117-30-day-shred

Given the layout of the other days, I think it's more likely that this is a really low calorie diet than it is missing information about what goes with the chicken.
  • MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you aiming for daily? I loosely follow this as a guideline. There's some stuff I just wont eat and fruit that isn't in season that I replace, but it's a good guide with lots of variety.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/plans/7-day/the-biggest-loser-7-day-diet-plan/