Giving up alcohol and energy drinks.

Options
2»

Replies

• sgcorrie
    sgcorrie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I used to drink at least a beer or a mixed drink a night (if not more). I've cut down a lot due to my mom being diagnosed as an alcoholic and I am amazed at how awful I feel when I do indulge! I've taken up sparkling water and sleepytime tea to fill the "fun drink" void. Energy drinks have never appealed to me, but I do have a soft spot for Starbucks so I will be working on cutting that out.
  • Darton2010
    Darton2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow look at all the responses lol, I just wish that I stuck with it but I didn't, I ended up wrecking my motorcycle because of it, but well not directly, I was going too fast and hit gravel, laid the bike down into a guardrail, was in the ER for 8 hours with road rash, 3 chipped teeth and some nasty bruises where my arm hit the rail, that was all I got, my bike is pretty beat up in my garage.

That was about 3 months ago and I still don't have feeling in the part of my arm that hit the guardrail. And haven't had a drink in about a month, don't have plans to either.

But I am back on here and back to health and fitness.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You were drinking alcohol and driving? Not bright.
  • Darton2010
    Darton2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    You were drinking alcohol and driving? Not bright.

No I wasn't, I had a few drinks while cutting the grass a few hours before I set off, but I was more confident in my speed at that point I guess, if I didn't hit the gravel I wouldn't have had to lay the bike down, I have a picture of it, the whole 3 way intersection was covered in gravel, every time I touched my breaks both wheels locked up. I was looked at by an officer and paramedics at the scene.
  • BeHappy2
    BeHappy2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good move !!